Steak and Seafood Door-to-Door Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak and Seafood Door-to-Door Sales?

hi this is sansei and just a minute ago,someone visited our home and he mentioned that he just delivered some steak and seafood somewhere near our home so he rang our doorbell and he asked me if we our family wanted the extra steak and seafood and i said no and he said thank you and he took off,

only he looked like he had a truck which looked like a termite contractor so you'd never know who's at your door so when i posted about the 7th day adventist,this is why we dont respond to them is you'd never know who's at your door and they could be staking out our home so i thought to share this wtih everyone.

well thank's for your time

Re: on why someone wanted to give us steak and seafood

Sansei, Stop assuming things. If you feel you are being victimized, call 911 ASAP! Get the name of the company, description of the person, license plate, etc. And report the incident to prevent anyone from becoming victims. If it's in your mind...take your pills.

Happy Holidays.

Auntie Lynn

P.S. It couldn't have been my DH cause he's home. He's a Termite Inspector.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Steak and Seafood Door-to-Door Sales?

hi this is sansei and in response to 1st wahine,im not assuming is when i posted this,it truly happened and from the way i looked at his truck,it look's just like a termite company's truck like the same one who killed the japanese lady and this is the truth. when i looked at him.he had a mustache and is caucasion and he had a red hat on so that's all the truth.

Well thank's for your time it's not in my mind is if it had been.i wouldnt have posted this.

Comment

Sansei, possibly living in a condo would better suit you. With a secured entry you won't get any door to door solicitors. If you become frightened by anything, you can call the building's security guards.

ETA:
        when i looked at him.he had a mustache and is caucasion and he had a red hat on so that's all the truth.
        Ok...so what, exactly, does it mean when a causasian male sports a mustache and wears a red hat?

BTW, the man who killed the Japanese lady is behind bars.
        Last edited by tutusue; December 16, 2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
          hi this is sansei and in response to 1st wahine,im not assuming is when i posted this,it truly happened and from the way i looked at his truck,it look's just like a termite company's truck like the same one who killed the japanese lady and this is the truth. when i looked at him.he had a mustache and is caucasion and he had a red hat on so that's all the truth.
          And just because it look's just like a termite company's truck like the same one who killed the japanese lady, he had a mustache and is caucasion and he had a red hat on dat makes him suspicious? GUILTY? Plezzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wake up to REALITY.

Give me break and don't get me started. It's the Holidays. Ok...ok...someone told ME a long time ago, to step away from my computa. Dis is one of those times.

Comment

Does it get any better than this?!

sansei, what if your buddies Bush, Cheney, Palin, and their families showed up on your doorstep and rang the bell, would you peek out the window and then run and hide under the bed with your computer to tell HTers of the latest spooking?
            Or would you let them in, only to discover they were wearing masks and were 7th Day Adventists?
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              (...) Ok...ok...someone told ME a long time ago, to step away from my computa. Dis is one of those times.
              I wonder who that was
              http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
              http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
              If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Originally posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl View Post
                I wonder who that was
                Ryan aka pzarquon.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i shared with my second sister about this subject and she say's that truly if you dont know who it is,dont open the door is a person of this sort could rob in broad daylight and he could've had a gun or something and she mention's to talk through the window so if you find out what the person want's and it sound's as if he's not truthing with you,

then that person would walk away so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

I would be suspicious too about a guy selling his meat.

Comment

STRANGER DANGER! - Really, McGruff the Crime Dog knows EVERYTHING.

Maybe someone should do a sketch of your meat man.

Comment

It was probably stolen stuff. You might have gotten a good deal.
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

,someone visited our home and he mentioned that he just delivered some steak and seafood somewhere near our home so he rang our doorbell
                          i shared with my second sister about this subject and she say's that truly if you dont know who it is,dont open the door
                          Follow your sister's advice. Don't open the door to strangers. And no need to hide in the bathroom in case they are those 7th Day Adventists who you think are after you. Just ignore the doorbell, don't open the door to strangers, and relax.

Ya know, I still think you are pullling our collective HT legs about half the time.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Hi Sansei.... First, if you are scared and don't know who it is, don't open your door. If you feel threatened, call the cops if it's that bad.

BUT. Maybe he was selling meat! They do this in my neighborhood, with little jankie white trucks that look like a termites, but it's Omaha Steaks... and they SAY they delivered in your neighborhood, to build trust with you.... I just say BUZZ OFF, I'm a freekin vegetarian!

Comment

I was looking at past thread subjects and just saw this one.

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                              Hi Sansei.... First, if you are scared and don't know who it is, don't open your door. If you feel threatened, call the cops if it's that bad.
                              I agree with snowbird and the other posters here. You don't have to open your door to anyone you don't know. You can tell the person you are not interested, and you can ask him/her to leave.

If someone is acting suspiciously in your neighborhood, call the police.
                              Be prepared to tell the police what kind of suspicious activity you observed, and be prepared to describe any persons or vehicles involved.

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                              BUT. Maybe he was selling meat! They do this in my neighborhood, with little jankie white trucks that look like a termites, but it's Omaha Steaks... and they SAY they delivered in your neighborhood, to build trust with you....
                              This is also possible. I had a similar experience about three months ago (April '09) in the Moanalua area.
                              I was at a friend's house, and someone rang the doorbell. When my friend answered the door, the man asked if we were interested in buying steaks and seafood.

I don't remember if the man fit Sansei's original description, but he was driving a white pickup truck with a freezer unit. The salesman had a brochure listing the various steaks and seafood available, and he also had a business card.

The truck was parked on the street (he did not pull into the driveway), so we went out to take a look. Sure enough, there were cases of frozen steaks and seafood there. It wasn't Omaha Steaks, but probably something similar. Everything was IQF (individually quick frozen portions) and vacuum sealed.

We ended up telling the guy that we didn't need any of his products at the moment, but we would refer to his brochure and business card if we were interested in the future. The salesman assured us that we would be happy with the quality of the steaks and seafood if we ever decided to try them. He thanked us for our time, and then went to the next house on the street.

Everything seemed harmless enough. Don't know where I put the brochure and business card, but I would have called first to make sure the guy's business was legit before purchasing anything.

However, I didn't have any real interest. I usually buy steaks & seafood at Costco.
                              Costco's prices are cheaper than what the door-to-door salesman had to offer, and Costco's product quality is probably better as well.
                              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                              X