Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese Cultural Plaza Post Office Closing

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    The branches at Kaimuki and Moiliili are on the closure list.
    So are Kahala and Aina Haina. That leaves a lengthy piece of real estate with no post office. What? Hawaii Kai to Waikiki or Makiki?

Comment

The PO I go to the most are the Kapalama and Makiki branches which are also on the list. The Makiki branch has the 24 hor PO thing I use often, if they close I'll be forced as many others to camp out at the Airport PO.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        So are Kahala and Aina Haina. That leaves a lengthy piece of real estate with no post office. What? Hawaii Kai to Waikiki or Makiki?
        In the face of decreasing mail volume, the USPS has little choice but to close branches and to consolidate its operations in order to stay in the black. It's like any other company that has to scale back and resort to cost-cutting measures as a response to shrinking business.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
          The PO I go to the most are the Kapalama and Makiki branches which are also on the list. The Makiki branch has the 24 hor PO thing I use often,
          The Makiki branch is the one that keeps my mail when I'm away for awhile. It's also the PO that I have to go to when a package is too big for your mailbox.

Comment

Have they also removed mailboxes from street corners in Hawai`i?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              In the face of decreasing mail volume, the USPS has little choice but to close branches and to consolidate its operations in order to stay in the black. It's like any other company that has to scale back and resort to cost-cutting measures as a response to shrinking business.
              I completely agree and it's understandable. I'm surprised, tho', that the Nanakuli PO isn't on the list and the Kahala one is. It kinda makes sense to me to have a PO half way between Hawaii Kai and Makiki. Hmmm...I wonder if Nanakuli is a contract station (or whatever that's called) like the one at Eaton Square and if the contract stations will be impacted down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I completely agree and it's understandable. I'm surprised, tho', that the Nanakuli PO isn't on the list and the Kahala one is. It kinda makes sense to me to have a PO half way between Hawaii Kai and Makiki. Hmmm...I wonder if Nanakuli is a contract station (or whatever that's called) like the one at Eaton Square and if the contract stations will be impacted down the road.
                Perhaps there are other factors involved? I would presume lease rates in Kahala is a lot higher than in Nanakuli. Also, perhaps they factor in the demographic? I think it's safe to say everyone in Kahala has personal transportation and can go further to the nearest P.O.?

I'm also curious to see if they intend to deploy more APCs to help compensate for closed post offices.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  It does however seem, at least by the list, that the USPS is unfairly targeting East Honolulu. No other area in the state has such a large string of consecutive post offices being proposed for closure.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

hi,today i visited safeway kapahulu and went to have something sent and i spoke with the former lady from the cultural plaza station and i shared with her on the closing's of the post office and she mentioned that not only kapalama is closing,hawaii kai and east oahu which would mean ewa and makiki station only her station and the downtown uptown station's will stay open so this make's me=O)

well thank's for your time

Comment

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...sure_list.html

The post offices at Pearl Harbor and Makalopa will be the ones that will close.

Comment

hi i just learned from our post office,that when you send free brochure's in a medium white envelope and you send it to japan,you'd have to fill out a custom's form and include the correct amount of stamp's and for the american mail.if it return's to you,on the side,they'd include that you must include one or two more stamp's and the price of the stamp's for japan which mean's that it's now $19.00 plus tax and it come's out to about $19.60 so i thought to share this with everyone.

also the price of the forever stamp's is still $8.80 so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...r_closure.html

There's going to more post office locations in stores such as Safeway.

Comment

Working...
                          X