Chinese Cultural Plaza Post Office Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Cultural Plaza Post Office Closing

hi this is sansei and i learned from Jan that the cultural plaza's contract station of the post office is closing is they lost their lease and one of the contract worker's who work's there is retiring and the other lady is going to be at Kapahulu's safeway's post office so i went down today to say my goodbye's and wished the gentleman who worked their for a long time good luck and he say's thank's so i thought to share this with everyone.

I'll get to visit the lady who worked at the cultural plaza's contract station post office when she start's there in jan when im around their and i kept my promise to see her when im around there so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time:O)

Re: Chinese Cultural Plaza Post Office Closing

hi this is sansei and i just learned from our former now fill in mailman for our regular mailman that their is a contract station post office at 1170 nuuanu and it's right by what was aka the theater and i mentioned to him that the only one post office i know is the one across the iolani palace so i'd probably go there if i cant locate this contract post office so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Years ago when I used to work in that area, that was the post office I would frequent nearly every single day. Sad to see it go. Iris has worked there for many years and was always nice, courteous and helpful to me and many others.

Aj

Comment

hi this is sansei and i agree with you kalihiboy,iris is nice and she'll be working at the kapahulu safeway where their's a post office there so if your anywhere near there,yesterday she requested to me if i and many of her customers would visit and say hi so i thought to share this with you.

today i went to the cultural plaza post office to say goodbye to the gentleman bernie who worked with iris and i said my goodbye's and goodluck since he's retiring so he's going to vegas in his retirement so i hope you may say aloha to him since he's a very kind person to everyone.

Well thank's for your time the cultural plaza's contract station close's in January so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i've wondered if anyone here know's if the nuuanu contract post office on nuuanu at 1170 and it's close by the chinese cultural plaza's post office that's closing or have closed,if anyone may know,please respond,i'd truly appreciate it very much,please.

I looked on yahoo when you put nuuanu post office only dont know if that one closed also?

My Mom shared with me that she passed their once and they had brown paper on the window's so not sure if it's closed?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just learned from another post office that the contract station post office in back of the church on nuuanu which once was the japanese theater that it's still open and the other close post office on merchant street is the oldest and first post office here and it's across the iolani palace and i believe in my heart,that contract station post office where it's located maybe a little bit shady so i'd possibly go to the merchant street one or the one the lady iris who will be at kapahulu's station,

that's where i may go and send my stuff or the merchant street one so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              and i believe in my heart,that contract station post office where it's located maybe a little bit shady
              And the 7th Day Adventists are out to get you. It has taken me awhile, but I think I've finally caught on to a thought pattern.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

[...]i believe in my heart,that contract station post office where it's located maybe a little bit shady[...]
                Please explain why you think it's 'shady'.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to tutusue,in my heart when i was on my way home on my moped,i remembered where the church was and when i called a post office saying where this place was,they told me that it's behind the old japanese theater which is now a church and that the post office worker asked me how would i get there and i mentioned to her that i'd go on a moped and i asked if their was any parking and she said on street parking and when she mention's it's in the back of the church and it's somewhat dark back there,

in my heart,you'd never know who or what could come out and possibly do something harmful so that's my thought's on being a shady place,sorry if i shared that part of my thought's with everyone.

also the kapalama station run's this contract station of this post office so that's the whole truth that i learned and shared with everyone.

i'd rather go to the merchant street one since it's close and i could find parking for moped's.

Comment

hi this is sansei and my truest apologies to everyone is i went to find the post office on nuuanu behind the church which once was the old japanese theater and it's a nice place only not much parking for moped's or maybe even car's and they close on the weekend's and it's not shady looking at all so i hope everyone forgive's me for thinking it looked shady,i didnt mean it only when i as a person would hear of a new place,it would sound shady,

only when you go to see it,then i as a person would realize that it's a good place and iris the person who work's at the cultural plaza,she said that the contract station post office she work's at will close this month on saturday the 24th so i thought to share this with everyone.

only when i spoke with her,that if im in the kapahulu area,i'd promise to visit her in the safe way post office so she said thank's,it'll be a nice to see a familiar face.

Comment

is this the post office next to Zaneys?

Comment

hi this is sansei and today was the final day before the contract station for the post office at cultural plaza close's for good and i went down to say my final goodbye's to the lady iris and she said to me thank's for being a good customer and that i'll be able to visit her at the kapahulu station and she said thank's,it'll be good to know a familiar face there and i said the same thing and she said the guy who worked with her that he's retired and this is his second retirement so i thought to share this with everyone.,

Also mauna kea street just as you go into town,they closed it off due to the chinese new year's so at the cultural plaza,they have many vendor's there and they are selling chinese baked good's and calendar's for your wall and other thing's such as this so i thought to share this with everyone.i'll truly miss the contract station at the cultural plaza,it'll make me:O(

If anyone live's near there, you'd have a half an hour to say goodbye to the lady iris and i'll miss her and the guy who worked with her.

Comment

hi this is sansei and today i visited the uptown post office behind the church and i found parking that's on the side of the church only for moped's,it's free and i went to the post office to do my business and come out quickly and then i walked down to where my moped was parked only they do have wanderer's walking around there and it look's somewhat dangerous only it's ok and the uptown post office is nice and it's true of what they say that the kapalama station run's that place and i met someone behind the counter who say's when someone from the uptown station is off,he fill's in so it was nice to see someone who's kind there.

i also learned the whole truth about the chinese cultural plaza's contract station on why it truly closed only i was sworn not to mention about it only it did have to do with the owner who ran it that the lady was elderly and she couldnt handle with all the contract's they had so this is part of a reason on why they closed and one other part is the guy who retired did retire and this was his second retirement and the lady iris went to kapahulu safeway so i thought to share a part of this story with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

i went down to say my final goodbye's to the lady iris and she said to me thank's for being a good customer and that i'll be able to visit her at the kapahulu station and she said thank's,it'll be good to know a familiar face there and i said the same thing
                            That was very nice of you, sansei. People in service positions don't often get much in the way of personal kindness from their customers.

Comment

i never liked this post office because the bigger guy with the glasses was SOOO RUDE!

Comment

Working...
                              X