Foods that don't go well together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foods that don't go well together?

I had a discussion with some people here on "ketchup chips" (chips that are covered in ketchup).

I have never heard of that before and some people love that.

And have anyone ov you tried chocolate covered chips?

What food combos do you think "exists" but you won't try?
    Last edited by admin; August 16, 2004, 09:22 PM. Reason: Changed inserted image into link.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Food that doesn't go well together

I doubt that nacho cheese would go well on those chocolate covered chips.

Comment

My grandmother and mother (inherited, no doubt, from generations past) believed it was an absolute no-no to eat any dairy product in the same meal as fish. So if we had a tuna fish sandwich, we couldn't have ice cream afterwards. I've no idea where this whacko idea came from.

(But I can live without chocolate-covered potatoes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        My grandmother and mother (inherited, no doubt, from generations past) believed it was an absolute no-no to eat any dairy product in the same meal as fish. So if we had a tuna fish sandwich, we couldn't have ice cream afterwards. I've no idea where this whacko idea came from.
        I've seem to broke your family's rule. In Elementary time, we used to eat battered fish and we always drank milk w/ it. With that as the exception, I didn't drink milk with fish at home (or with anything else but cereal).

Comment

Yogurt and papaya - believe it or not are horrible together. It would seem good, but each time I've eaten those two things together I've gotten really sick.

Comment

I'm no food chemist, but I can kinda see where chocolate (sweet) and potato chips (salt) might go together. I ain't about to rush out and try 'em, though.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Chocolate and potato chips are yummy together! Just like Potato Chips and ice cream.

What do you think of Mayo and Ketchup?

Comment

Grins...they're each fine in their place. Ketchup on burgers, Mayo on turkey sandwiches.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

But not together?

Olives and chocolate - it's very unpalatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    I'm no food chemist, but I can kinda see where chocolate (sweet) and potato chips (salt) might go together.
                    It's not that far a leap, after all, from chocolate covered pretzels to chocolate covered potato chips. It's when you come down the ladder a few rungs to, say, chocolate sauce on steak that things are going to get messy!

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
                      What do you think of Mayo and Ketchup?
                      Some burgers have both, I think the Jumbo Jack and maybe the Whopper use both. And if you mix it together you get something that could be a salad dressing, sort of looking like Thousand Island.

Comment

Here's proof that ketchup chips exist.

Comment

Kim Chee on a Ritz cracker. Did it...hated it.

Beer and Vanilla ice cream. Foaming action intensifies the urge to barf.

Anything with Natto. Why would anyone eat mastik (the floor tile adhesive).
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

There's this "delicacy" in North Carolina called "deep fried pickles". Sounds pretty gross, but these things are dill pickle rounds covered in batter and deep fried (well if you can deep fry a Twinkie or a Snickers bar, you can deep fry anything!). They taste pretty good---as long as they're still hot; when they get cold, they just get slimy.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, that sounds interesting.

Ketchup chips.. There are ketchup potato chips. They're pretty good.

Deep fried Twinkie bar?? NASTY

Pineapple fritters anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X