Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Years 2009

Default Happy New Years 2009

While it's still 2008 here in Hawaii, 2009 has already arrived some where else on this planet.

So Happy New Year 2009!

For myself I might sleep in tonight, do plan on watching a movie tomorrow with a couple of friends.

So what about the rest of you?

Default Re: Happy New Years 2009

Happy New Year 2009! HT Ohana!!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I just realized eldest spawn is currently living in the year 2009 while I'm still tagging along in 2008! Hopefully that makes her a year older...but not me!

I'll be heading to a get together of friends in Hawaii Kai. Their evening is geared to the stroke of midnight. I plan to be home and asleep long before then! If a yearning to watch fireworks overcomes me, I can see the ATM display from my hale. My yearning for sleep will probably outweigh my yearning for fireworks! I can see those any ol' Friday night!

That said...tonight is special, soooooo....

:::HAPPY NEW YEAR:::

!Fakafiefia 'ihe Ta'u Fo'ou!

I went birthday shopping today. I have two birthdays in Jamuary, wife and youngest. Tonight will be just the two of us spendiing quality time in the backyard spa, drinking a couple of Mexico Libres. Afterwards, play a little Rummikube and then to bed early. The 'uaifi received a $15 coupon from the Daily Grill restaurant for her birthday. So tomorrow, we'll head over there for brunch.

I'm feeling very gruntled. 2009 is going to be great!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !

Thumbs up Re: Happy New Years 2009

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR 2009.....
    bin dea-dunn dat.

H N Y to all of you. Our home has a great view of the Space Needle, only a mile away, so we'll be watching them shoot off fireworks from there tonight, while sipping on a little prosecco.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for a great year of dialogue
    and aloha! Off to the hot tub for some martini's before the fireworks get too
    rowdy and Manele & Koele start getting irritated. They don't freak out so much
    as get annoyed with the booms and bangs.

Everyone be safe out there and talk to you all in 2009! A hui hou!

Planning to spend a quiet night at home. That's the way I like it. Time for reflection and hoping for a better year in 2009. Happy New Year everyone! Hauʻoli Mahahiki Hou!

sansei Guest

Red face Re: Happy New Years 2009

hi this is sansei and i wish to share in japanese how i as an american japanese would say happy new year's,it would be shinen akimshite omdeto gozaimasu! happy new year's everyone!

Well thank's for your time

happy new year from the biggest island!

we made it through 2008.

what will 2009 bring us?
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Quote Originally Posted by sansei View Post
    i wish to share in japanese how i as an american japanese would say happy new year's,it would be shinen akimshite omdeto gozaimasu!
    A very happy New Year to you too, sansei --- can you say it in Hawaiian?

As a Japanese-American, you might be familiar with the tradition of extensive house-cleaning before the new year begins, as you are not supposed to clean house for a week after, so as to not risk sweeping out any good luck. That's what's happening in my home tonight!

Thumbs up Re: Happy New Years 2009

Glad everyone out there is celebrating my birthday with fireworks, champagne, sashimi, and ozōni!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Just 'cause.....

Minawaanigwad Aataabiboon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Glad everyone out there is celebrating my birthday with fireworks, champagne, sashimi, and ozōni!

TnNnl?????????
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

It's still about 65 minutes away from 2009 here in L.A., but thought I would get a jump on it. The ol' party animals here at home (my husband and me) just finished watching a (really dumb) movie, and I'll probably catch some news. Then it's watch the ball drop, kiss, and then ZZZzzzzzz! Exciting, huh?! But we don't like to brave the streets here on New Year's Eve. Our son is at a party and may just stay with his buddies tonight. They don't drink, but they'll probably go eat at Denny's during the night! HA! I'd rather he stay there and not be a target for the cops, even though he's sober. Plus...the BIG plus...is there are several drunks on the road, so it's just as well for him to stay put.

I wish all our HT buddies ALL the best for the new year. It doesn't look like we'll be visiting in '09, but I still have my memories from '08 to keep me warm! May God smile on each & every one of you!

and on to greener pastures
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

sansei Guest

Red face Re: Happy New Years 2009

hi this is sansei and to leo lakio,im not able to say happy new year's in hawaiian,i only learned japanese and i started cleaning my room and our home way before the new year's so im pretty much done and hope everyone's new year's is going well?

Well thank's for your time

Happy New Year to our HT Ohana!

We wish for you all Abundance of all Good Stuff and a Dearth of any Bad Stuff.

(Or any other method of your choosing.....)

Just...just...ah, dang it, God Bless Y'all in 2009!!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years to All !

It is now 11:15 pm, this thread might turn into a sort of "silent auction" type of competition .... who can post closest to 12:00 midnight of the New Year?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

This year begins for me like the previous one did, with me in freezing temperatures and a thousand miles away from my wife and dogs.

(On a positive note, at least it stopped snowing in time for people to get to tonight's shows.)

Hold your loved ones close at the stroke of midnight and be glad that they are within arms/paws reach!

Happy '09, everybody!

All my very best wishes are winging their way from England and across two puddles to my friends in Hawaii. Have a great 2009.

Can I share this with you ? It's great for kids to watch (even big kids. lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVaj4zkWy0
    Last edited by Barry; January 1st, 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! We celebrated New Year's Eve on London time (husband goes to work at 2 am), in New York, wishing it were Hawaiian time . We had on Absolute Radio, broadcast out of London, and brought in the New Year to the sounds of Big Ben.

Today we have pork for dinner. We always have pork on New Year's to bring good luck. Anyone else have any New Year's traditions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast