Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy New Years 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

It's still about 65 minutes away from 2009 here in L.A., but thought I would get a jump on it. The ol' party animals here at home (my husband and me) just finished watching a (really dumb) movie, and I'll probably catch some news. Then it's watch the ball drop, kiss, and then ZZZzzzzzz! Exciting, huh?! But we don't like to brave the streets here on New Year's Eve. Our son is at a party and may just stay with his buddies tonight. They don't drink, but they'll probably go eat at Denny's during the night! HA! I'd rather he stay there and not be a target for the cops, even though he's sober. Plus...the BIG plus...is there are several drunks on the road, so it's just as well for him to stay put.

I wish all our HT buddies ALL the best for the new year. It doesn't look like we'll be visiting in '09, but I still have my memories from '08 to keep me warm! May God smile on each & every one of you!

Comment

and on to greener pastures
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

hi this is sansei and to leo lakio,im not able to say happy new year's in hawaiian,i only learned japanese and i started cleaning my room and our home way before the new year's so im pretty much done and hope everyone's new year's is going well?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Happy New Year to our HT Ohana!

We wish for you all Abundance of all Good Stuff and a Dearth of any Bad Stuff.

(Or any other method of your choosing.....)

Just...just...ah, dang it, God Bless Y'all in 2009!!

Comment

Happy New Year!

Comment

Happy New Years to All !

It is now 11:15 pm, this thread might turn into a sort of "silent auction" type of competition .... who can post closest to 12:00 midnight of the New Year?
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

This year begins for me like the previous one did, with me in freezing temperatures and a thousand miles away from my wife and dogs.

(On a positive note, at least it stopped snowing in time for people to get to tonight's shows.)

Hold your loved ones close at the stroke of midnight and be glad that they are within arms/paws reach!

Happy '09, everybody!

Comment

All my very best wishes are winging their way from England and across two puddles to my friends in Hawaii. Have a great 2009.

Can I share this with you ? It's great for kids to watch (even big kids. lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVaj4zkWy0
                  Last edited by Barry; January 1, 2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! We celebrated New Year's Eve on London time (husband goes to work at 2 am), in New York, wishing it were Hawaiian time . We had on Absolute Radio, broadcast out of London, and brought in the New Year to the sounds of Big Ben.

Today we have pork for dinner. We always have pork on New Year's to bring good luck. Anyone else have any New Year's traditions?

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                        Happy New Year everyone! We celebrated New Year's Eve on London time (husband goes to work at 2 am), in New York, wishing it were Hawaiian time . We had on Absolute Radio, broadcast out of London, and brought in the New Year to the sounds of Big Ben.

Today we have pork for dinner. We always have pork on New Year's to bring good luck. Anyone else have any New Year's traditions?
                        Small world ! We also have pork with apple sauce, baby spuds, roasted parsnips and other veggies.

As you know, it takes a while to cook. So we sit around and crack wallnuts from their shells and sip sweet sherry. (Well it's only once a year.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Our home has a great view of the Space Needle, only a mile away, so we'll be watching them shoot off fireworks from there tonight,
                          You mean li'dis?

Happy snowey New Year, kimosabe.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            You mean li'dis?
                            Happy snowey New Year, kimosabe.
                            Much li'dat - only we are much closer (and the snow has melted - mahalo)!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                              This year begins for me like the previous one did, with me in freezing temperatures and a thousand miles away from my wife and dogs.

(On a positive note, at least it stopped snowing in time for people to get to tonight's shows.)
                              Dude! You were HERE! We didn't know!

(And you didn't even get to hang out with Kermet - he played Sedona AZ last night.)

Comment

Happy New Year from the east coast! Had a snow storm yesterday so no New Year Golf scramble this morning. Sunny as all but its about 8 degrees with that wind! Brrrrrrr!

Lovena
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X