Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy New Years 2009

Default Re: Happy New Years 2009

Quote Originally Posted by acousticlady View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! We celebrated New Year's Eve on London time (husband goes to work at 2 am), in New York, wishing it were Hawaiian time . We had on Absolute Radio, broadcast out of London, and brought in the New Year to the sounds of Big Ben.

Today we have pork for dinner. We always have pork on New Year's to bring good luck. Anyone else have any New Year's traditions?
    Small world ! We also have pork with apple sauce, baby spuds, roasted parsnips and other veggies.

As you know, it takes a while to cook. So we sit around and crack wallnuts from their shells and sip sweet sherry. (Well it's only once a year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Our home has a great view of the Space Needle, only a mile away, so we'll be watching them shoot off fireworks from there tonight,
    You mean li'dis?

Happy snowey New Year, kimosabe.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    You mean li'dis?
    Happy snowey New Year, kimosabe.
    Much li'dat - only we are much closer (and the snow has melted - mahalo)!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    This year begins for me like the previous one did, with me in freezing temperatures and a thousand miles away from my wife and dogs.

(On a positive note, at least it stopped snowing in time for people to get to tonight's shows.)
    Dude! You were HERE! We didn't know!

(And you didn't even get to hang out with Kermet - he played Sedona AZ last night.)

Happy New Year from the east coast! Had a snow storm yesterday so no New Year Golf scramble this morning. Sunny as all but its about 8 degrees with that wind! Brrrrrrr!

Lovena
    Lovena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12