*waves at aunty lynn* hey gorgeous!!
    stay forever young

Comment

Re: What's your iPod's name?

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
      *waves at aunty lynn* hey gorgeous!!
      HAHAHAHAHA

Gorgeous? LOL

You should have been hea yesterday. We was scrapping!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My mp3 device is called iDiot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          HAHAHAHAHA

Gorgeous? LOL

You should have been hea yesterday. We was scrapping!

Auntie Lynn
          oh and i bloody missed it ! ! ! !
          stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            Tall Filipino girl with long hair? That would be my stepsister. Even though my mom and her dad never married, they've been together over 15 years and I consider her my stepsister.

Just got a new iPod Nano 4th Gen. She doesn't have a name yet. I'll be thinking of one, though.
            Hooooooly cow, small world.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I guess @$#%ing Phone as in "Baby, have you seen my @$#%ing phone??" or "I lost my @$#%ing phone again and now we have no music!!"

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

No special names for my 4 iPods:

Mel's iPod Photo
                Mel's iPod Mini
                Mel's Green Nano
                Mel's iPod Shuffle

Straight forward names that identify me as the owner.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My iPods used to have simple but personalized names, like "Mele." I have to admit, though, over time, I either change gadgets too frequently or reformat devices too often and end up with a stable of devices named "Ryan's iPod" and "Ryan's iPhone."

Back when I was a system administrator, I used to love organizing servers and workstations with some kind of naming scheme. Many geeks did, and still do. Characters from J.R.R. Tolkien novels are a common set. Or Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors. I almost wish I was a network admin now, just to give everything a "LOST" name!

Comment

I've named my iPhone (Alessandro) and my MacBook Pro (Paige) but I never felt the urge to name my iPod. I don't know why. I don't decide to name things, it just sort of happens.
                    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      Back when I was a system administrator, I used to love organizing servers and workstations with some kind of naming scheme. Many geeks did, and still do.
                      I've always enjoyed seeing that, as it told me a lot about the SysAdmins where I would work. One former employer, being in the music business, used musician names - and as we added servers, I would see changes in trends as we changed IT personnel; early machines were named things like Elvis, later ones included Coltrane. (But it wouldn't surprise me to find that they have a Manilow now.)

Comment

My webhost (Dreamhost) has some kind of naming scheme, but I'm not sure what it is and would never have guessed it except that one day last year, there was a status update saying, "If your server is named after a beverage, you'll be offline from ____ to ____." My server's name is Rum, so it wasn't a problem for me, but many of Dreamhost's customers are not native English speakers, and didn't know that YooHoo, Faygo, and bourbon were beverages.

There were some unhappy customers.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          No special names for my 4 iPods:

Mel's iPod Photo
                          Mel's iPod Mini
                          Mel's Green Nano
                          Mel's iPod Shuffle

Straight forward names that identify me as the owner.
                          Why do you need four?
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                            Why do you need four?
                            The iPod Photo I bought first in early 2005. It is a 40GB hard drive based model. It holds about 6,800 to 7,000 songs depending on length. At the time I bought it this was my primary iPod. However I was leary about taking it around since it was expensive and hard drives die faster when shaken about. So generally now I keep this iPod connected to my large home component stereo system for playback of most content through that.

The second iPod I bought was the Shuffle. Got this at a 512MB capacity. It holds about 80 to 1000 tracks depending on length. This has flash memory and can take the abuse of being knocked around when I take it with me. I use this and a 2nd one that I had for about a year before that Shuffle got lost somewhere at work or in my clutter.

The next iPod I bought was a 4GB green Nano. This is more versatile than the Shuffle as I can import my most popular playlists to it and have a variety of tracks to listen to while I am on the road. And this one is usually connected to my car system and taken to the office.

I got a $30 used iPod Mini in August. This is another hard drive based model that has 4GB of storage. I use it for various albums and podcast content.

Last month I got a $20 Sansa Slot Music player. It runs on a standard AAA battery that you can easily replace (unlike the built-in battery lock in and built in obsolescence of the iPod) and can play almost an unlimited amount of music based upon the removable micro SD storage card you buy. I have about 450 songs jammed into a 2GB card that plays only 70s music. I am putting together another mix on another card and will do several others in the future. This is a good and affordable alternative to the iPod Shuffle and does not require iTunes and works on both Macs and PCs. All you do is drag and drop MP3 files to the player that shows up on the computer desktop as another USB flash drive.

The music industy is trying to push pre-recorded albums for $16 on the tiny cards that have only one album with whatever maximum (usually under 20) songs per album. I ain't buying any of those slot music albums, but the blank cards are a fairly good bargain and you can fill em up with more music than the pre-recorded cards. Plus the same albums on CD and purchased as downloadable files are cheaper than the slot music format.

I use the SlotMusic player the same way as I do the iPod Shuffle and Nano.

I have a 15,000+ iTunes music library and the whole thing cannot fit on one player. So different playlist programs, albums, and audio content are spread out over the various audio devices as well as backup hard drives and CDs. Plus I have plenty of music on CDs, tapes and records that I still want to rip to MP3. So I know my iTunes library will continue to grow. Having mutliple music players at least assures you that your valuable digital library is backed up somewhere.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                              but many of Dreamhost's customers are not native English speakers, and didn't know that YooHoo, Faygo, and bourbon were beverages.
                              Well, I'm a native English speaker and I don't even know what the first two are.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                                Well, I'm a native English speaker and I don't even know what the first two are.
                                They've always seemed big in the Southeast & South. Haven't seen them anywhere else.
                                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X