Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cellphone users

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Don't threaten to get the theater manager or usher. Get the theater manager or usher.
    Very good point!
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

If any one here has any personal experience, good or bad, with people texting or playing games on their cellphones during a movie, could you contact me offline or in a PM? Thanks. BB
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Re: Using a cellphone inside a movie theater

In the last 4 weeks attending movies at the Ward Theater there was at least two instances where a Consolidated employee did a few announcements before the previews started. One of the annoucements was reminding people to silence their cell phones and refrain from texting while the movie is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          Yeah, he is probably that same guy who is the neighbor who says to fark yourself if you request him to keep his dog quiet.
          Or if you ask that he not bump into your car door with his car door in the parking lot.
          Or if you ask that he not butt in line in front of you when he spots some friend up there to join.
          The world if full of idiots. Even in the movie theater.
          When You get up in the morning tell yourself:
          "Today I will run into a jerk.
          It my be driving, or in a store, on in some other public place (like a movie theatre).
          The jerk will be obnoxious and will make me want to retaliate, but I must remember I am NOT a jerk, and cannot lower myself to their level."

THEN use appropriate channels, if they are available, and do the world a favor.

Last edited by Kaonohi; June 3, 2009, 11:55 PM. Reason: Kanna spell for nuthin!
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            When You get up in the morning tell yourself:
            "Today I will run into a jerk.
            It my be driving, or in a store, on in some other public place (like a movie theatre).
            The jerk will be obnoxious and will make me want to retaliate, but I must remember I am NOT a jerk, and cannot lower myself to their level."
            And at day's end, if you somehow avoided the jerk - you can smile and think how lucky you were that day!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              In the last 4 weeks attending movies at the Ward Theater there was at least two instances where a Consolidated employee did a few announcements before the previews started. One of the annoucements was reminding people to silence their cell phones and refrain from texting while the movie is on.
              Having an actual employee asking people to turn their phones off before the movie is a good idea and is more effective than those on-screen requests that nobody seems to care about. I saw one of the ushers making eye contact with people in the audience,..... and a couple of them then dug their phones out of the pocket to either turn it off or (what I would assume) in silent or vibrate mode.

Short of using a cellphone jammer, a live usher (or usherette) seems to be the next best solution to getting people to not use their phones in the middle of a movie.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The turning off of cell phone announcements is just one topic of at least three announcements, one of which is announceing future movies that will be having advance ticket sales.

Also too it seems if Ward Theaters are going to do this they are doing in their 4 big screens (7,8,9 and 10) and their other medium (1 and 16) and small screens (2,3,4,5,6,11,12,13,14 and 15).

Comment

Working...
                X