Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cellphone users

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    And some of those people aren't even wearing a working earpiece.
    OMG!!.lol. don't get me started on that.lol.

(my hubby is a taxi driver), he had a guy in his cab, yacking away on a corded cellphone earpiece, I think he thought he was a stockbroker or something.lol.

Covered his speaker, & said that 'he is making this guy a millionair", continued talking away.

Once he got out to pay his fare, my hubby noticed that the earpiece wasn't even connected to the phone , & he told the guy, I'm sure you would have made him some money if only your corded earpiece was connected to your phone. So the guy looked back at him, & looked at his cellphone, & bolted (right after paying his fare).lol. LMAO.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
      OMG!!.lol. don't get me started on that.lol.

(my hubby is a taxi driver), he had a guy in his cab, yacking away on a corded cellphone earpiece, I think he thought he was a stockbroker or something.lol.

Covered his speaker, & said that 'he is making this guy a millionair", continued talking away.

Once he got out to pay his fare, my hubby noticed that the earpiece wasn't even connected to the phone , & he told the guy, I'm sure you would have made him some money if only your corded earpiece was connected to your phone. So the guy looked back at him, & looked at his cellphone, & bolted (right after paying his fare).lol. LMAO.
      that's a darn shame.....a funny shame - LOL
      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        Turn it OFF for a couple of hours. Jeez.

Oh, and there are the people who have their cells on speaker phone and stand there yelling into the phone, generally in a public place, and we can hear both sides of the conversation. Last time I suggested to someone who was doing that that they were being loud, he yelled at me that I was interrupting a private conversation. This was in line at a bank.
        I would just look at those kind of people, like this ---> & give a big sigh.lol.

I was inside a public transit (bus) one time, & had a chick sitting down yacking really loud on her cellphone (from one sided conversation), it was a long trip for everyone too. The driver finally had it with her loud talking & kicked her out (nicely,ofcourse.lol), once she left, the inside of the bus was finaly so quiet!. thankgoodness, too. sheeesh.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
          that's a darn shame.....a funny shame - LOL
          I've been trying to call you but forgot your cell number.

Please call me. Good kind call.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

There are times when it really gets on my nerves, like at the movies or in the bathroom, especially in the stalls- big pet peeve. But other times, it really cracks me up to listen in on other peoples' conversations. And I don't consider this rude. You started a phone conversation in front of me- I'm going to listen to it, especially if I have nothing better to do, like when I'm waiting in line or getting my nails done.

Note: I do this only when it's stuff like, "OMG Tiffanie, he was like, SO cute. No, what did he say? NO, LIKE TELL ME!!! Whatever! Whatever you!"

But if they're super-annoying, all you really have to do is pretend you're a little too much into their conversation, and then make little comments about their conversations or laugh along, or be like, "She didn't!" It usually irritates the offender enough that they end the conversation or go away and it amuses the other people in line.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
              There are times when it really gets on my nerves, like at the movies or in the bathroom, especially in the stalls- big pet peeve. But other times, it really cracks me up to listen in on other peoples' conversations. And I don't consider this rude. You started a phone conversation in front of me- I'm going to listen to it, especially if I have nothing better to do, like when I'm waiting in line or getting my nails done.

Note: I do this only when it's stuff like, "OMG Tiffanie, he was like, SO cute. No, what did he say? NO, LIKE TELL ME!!! Whatever! Whatever you!"

But if they're super-annoying, all you really have to do is pretend you're a little too much into their conversation, and then make little comments about their conversations or laugh along, or be like, "She didn't!" It usually irritates the offender enough that they end the conversation or go away and it amuses the other people in line.
              LMFAO it is good to know I am not the only one who does that surlygirly.....
              stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                OR, how about they go in the stall, & do their thing, then start up a conversation with their cellphone to their friends or whoever, then you think they are talking to you. : lol. then later after a while, you realized they are not talking to you rather on their cell phone instead . sheesh.lol.

NOW, that's funny . I should remember that, the next time I have the same situation happen to me. lol. Thanks. :-).
                Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                  All over these ER rooms and at the entrance doors, big signs were requiring cell phones to be turned off, as they interfere with the medical equipment.

I used to remember seeing these signs at the hospital, but in the past year when I've went to the emergency room, I didn't see any signs forbidding cell phones, and I even asked if it would be alright to use one and the nurse said ok.

I try to use my cell phone minimally in public, because I'm the sort of person who will go into another room when I receive a phone call. It doesn't matter who I'm talking to or what about, I really don't want people listening in on my phone conversations, and I'm honestly surprised how other people will talk about the most intimate or embarrassing things in public.
                  Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                    I must admit & confess to this , my hubby & I were in a movie earlier today, I normally don't answer cellphones, (especially voiced once), but this one perhaps could be different, but it was only for less than a minute.
                    Probably a long minute to the people behind you blinded by the cellphone light.
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                      Oh, and there are the people who have their cells on speaker phone and stand there yelling into the phone, generally in a public place, and we can hear both sides of the conversation.
                      On the other hand, people with Bluetooth headsets who walk down the street jabbering and gesturing merely appear crazy.
                      I smile at them, just like I'm enjoying a stand-up comedian or a street performer. Or if we're trapped in line or at the airport departure lounge (or even on the freakin' plane) and they say something particularly interesting, I pull out a piece of paper and start taking notes. Lots of eye contact to let them know how much I'm enjoying their performance.

If these talkers were being yelled at by their boss or their spouse, would they put it on speaker and bark away? Presumably they'd have the ability to mutter into the handset and try to keep everything quiet. So why be rude during their other conversations?

As for the blinking Bluetooth earpieces... I think their wearers would stop doing that if they'd watch a few episodes of the Star Trek Borg characters.
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                        As for the blinking Bluetooth earpieces... I think their wearers would stop doing that if they'd watch a few episodes of the Star Trek Borg characters.
                        It's too late for them. They have already been assimilated.

Comment

I don't go to the movies much anymore, but my biggest gripe is during live theatre. People don't understand even texting is rude and disturbs others. They think they're being quiet but it disrupts the performers concentration, distracts other patrons, and often interrupts technical aspects of the show, like lighting and sound design. There have even been instances where it has interrupted cues. It's particularly egregious when it happens in a small, intimate theatre. Why yes, that actor standing less than four feet away from you hears your phone vibrating for the umpteenth time, sees what you think is furtive texting, and is bothered by it. Immensely.

I teach a theatre 101 class and my policy is if you are caught texting during a performance, you'll get a zero on your paper. This policy is on the syllabus, I tell them about it, I devote an entire class period to audience etiquette, and there's an announcement from the house manager asking people to shut off their phones just before the show begins. I try to be a flexible and understanding teacher, but in these cases, there is no excuse, they've been forewarned ad nauseum. Of course, it's still a problem.

Sorry for the rant, but it just touched a nerve.
                          Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                            If these talkers were being yelled at by their boss or their spouse, would they put it on speaker and bark away? Presumably they'd have the ability to mutter into the handset and try to keep everything quiet. So why be rude during their other conversations?

Unfortunately not. I've listened in to quite a few cell phone arguments with bosses and significant others. People have no qualms with arguing in public, why should they care if it's on a cell phone?
                            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

At least a smoker will say, "Mind if I smoke" before lighting up a cigarette. As Steve Martin once said, "Mind if I fut?"

Comment

I doubt it that saying "I am going to make a phone call" in the middle of a movie is going to make the situation any better.

It's just better for one to leave the movie theater quietly to make or take that phone call.

Comment

Working...
                                X