Israel vs Hamas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel vs Hamas

Violence in the mideast just keeps on keeping on. Islam, and their apologists, think it's fine for rockets to be fired by Hamas into Israel. Jews think it's fine for planes to drop bombs on Palestinian lands.

Muslims cannot figure out why they are singled out and kept from boarding planes and such, sometimes.

I think the problem is Hamas, and extremism in general. Jews in Israel have a fierce reputation as evidenced by the last 30+ years of their indiscriminately killing anything and everyone who attacks them. Swift, over the top, vengence is the MO of Israel. You would think that folks with poor technologies, no planes, and 30 yr old weapons would tire of attacking.

Ol' Bammy's silence on this issue is curious. Then again, he ain't said much about squat since the election.

And of course Islamic silence is actually tacit approval of Hamas' behavior.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Israel vs Hamas

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Ol' Bammy's silence on this issue is curious. Then again, he ain't said much about squat since the election.
    An article from The Washington Post.com
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...123003104.html

Following his election he told the nation:

"President-elect Obama believes it is important to adhere to the constitutional principle that there is only one president at a time, and it is extremely important in the arena of foreign policy that it is clear who is speaking on behalf of the United States," incoming press secretary Robert Gibbs said."
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks Auntie, you have demonstrated you have an accurate understanding of the delicate situation. Come January 20, things will be different.

YES WE DID!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Thanks Auntie, you have demonstrated you have an accurate understanding of the delicate situation. Come January 20, things will be different.

YES WE DID!
        Mahalo Matapule.

Curtsies with grace.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think the problem is ... extremism in general.
          Right on the money with that one, Tim (and I hope I didn't diminish your point with my edit).

As for Mr. Obama's silence - Lynn beat me to it. President Bush is still in office, and he has spoken his views on it. Mr. Obama is doing him the respectful courtesy of not pushing him out of office early.

Comment

Squat is the new glurg

What has Bush done in 8 whole years?
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Squat is the new glurg

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              What has Bush done in 8 whole years?
              Ron you are hijacking the thread, but I'm sure JohnKSmith or Islandguy will give you a lengthy discussion of this man's accomplishments.

I will say this, I admire W for being a teatotaler. End of admiration.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

An alternate view:

Israel's Response Is Disproportionate

Comment

I'm Jewish but I must say: Both sides are idiots.

Israeli's think it's a good strategy to punish Palestinians for their rocket (and other) attacks. For 50 years, they have kept Palestinians poor, with nothing to lose.

Palestinians provoke Israel then act like victims when it responds.

They do not acknowledge Israel's right to exist and won't even use its name.

Solution: Israel needs to support the development of Palestine's middle class. I believe, when they prosper, they will keep militants from putting their homes and fancy cars at risk.

Palestinians need to accept that Israel is there to stay and any efforts to remove it are futile.

Peace always comes when enemies realize it is crucial that the other side gets what's important to them.

Comment

Geck, great article. "There is no peace process like victory." Excellent quote.

Creative-1 said, Peace always comes when enemies realize it is crucial that the other side gets what's important to them.

That's pure drivel. Both sides don't get to have their way. The world is not a liberal utopia where everyone get's to be the winner.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Normally I support Palestine efforts to gain a nation. However, continuing to fire rockets into Israel is not the way to do it. This will continue until the Palestinian people get sick of Hamas doing actions that harm them. The people need to be pushed to the point where they will say "no more" to Hamas. When that time comes, the problems can be solved. Until then - there will be rockets, bombs and many deaths. The Palestinian people allow Hamas to control their lives. Only the people can stop these rocket attacks. and only the people can make the changes to their government that will allow peace to come to the area.

Why does Hamas think that Israel will not finally retaliate against constant attacks? They fire rockets into Israel on a continuous basis - no news reports about it. Yet, when Israel retaliates - its a cause for world protests? what does Hamas expect to happen? Lets use some common sense here. Stop firing the d**n rockets!!!
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I agree with anapuni.

Where is the world outcry against Hamas firing rockets, unprovoked, into Israel?
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                          I'm Jewish but I must say: Both sides are idiots.

Israeli's think it's a good strategy to punish Palestinians for their rocket (and other) attacks. For 50 years, they have kept Palestinians poor, with nothing to lose.

Palestinians provoke Israel then act like victims when it responds.

They do not acknowledge Israel's right to exist and won't even use its name.

Solution: Israel needs to support the development of Palestine's middle class. I believe, when they prosper, they will keep militants from putting their homes and fancy cars at risk.

Palestinians need to accept that Israel is there to stay and any efforts to remove it are futile.

Peace always comes when enemies realize it is crucial that the other side gets what's important to them.
                          I think you're being fair to Israel. Israel is acting appropriately. The world does not operate according to liberal idealism. Islam does not teach love, only hate and destruction of it's enemies. Read the Koran. I don't know what it will take to convince the liberal masses that radical islamic countries do not share the same values as the rest of the civilized western world. Having said that, the only effective political solution is to bring a gun to a gun fight. If money and aide are the answer, the U.S. should be loved by everyone. We give 100's of billions of $ to other countries who just spit in our faces. Take Russia for example. Those bastards support our enemies.

I'm sorry, but to think that Israel should care about middle class mass murderers and terrorist is rather off base. These people starve and torture their own people to get their way. What makes you think they care about their middle class? Or that middle class hating Jews want peace?

If you look back in history, Palestine has refused to officially become a nation since the 1940's, because that would mean delineating their physical boundaries which they don't want. They don't want a portion of the land, they want all of it.

Hamas WILL NOT allow peace. They're trying to get all of the middle east up in arms to destroy Israel, Europe and the U.S, and our so-called obligatory friends that we send aide to, i.e. China, Russia and N. Korea, are giving them arms.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            We will side with Hamas?
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Where is the world outcry against Hamas firing rockets, unprovoked, into Israel?
                              There isn't.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X