Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel vs Hamas

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Meh. It still comes down to one's belief. I believe in a one true god. You believe there isn't.
    And that's just fine with me. You and many, many others believe that, and I don't think less of you for it. You prefer different kinds of music than I do, different foods, different books, different women, and different spiritual paths. Should we attempt to kill each other and each other's families, neighbors, and similar-thinkers over any of it? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      BTW, Jesus repudiated the Old Testament.
      Really? I'm unfamiliar with that. Could you provide a reference?

I recall his affirming the Old Testament, except for two points - one being turning the other cheek, rather than taking an eye for an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        And that's just fine with me. You and many, many others believe that, and I don't think less of you for it. You prefer different kinds of music than I do, different foods, different books, different women, and different spiritual paths. Should we attempt to kill each other and each other's families, neighbors, and similar-thinkers over any of it? Nah.
        You think it's about religion that Israel and Hamas/Palestinians are fighting for?

As I said religion is a very good motivational tool, but beneath it all, it all boils down to territory. Land. They both want the same thing but don't want to live with the other.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          Islam does not teach love, only hate and destruction of it's enemies.
          And according to you, Jesus worked in a similar vein:
          Jesus said he didn't come to bring peace, but a sword.
          Oh, wait - Matapule beat me to that connection:
          Isn't that the attitude you are criticizing the radical Muslims of?
          But of course, it's foolish to discuss Jesus' behavior in explaining Christianity, as he was not a Christian.

It's also foolish to think this, and so many other conflicts in recent history, is just simply about land. These folks might be willing to find a way to share the same limited space on the planet, if it weren't for the deep-seated hatred they have for each other; hatred that is based on their divergent religious beliefs (as acousticlady noted many posts ago). That's why there are Islamic organizations that are dedicated to the utter destruction of the Zionists (their term for Jews). It goes deeper than land issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            And according to you, Jesus worked in a similar vein:Oh, wait - Matapule beat me to that connection:But of course, it's foolish to discuss Jesus' behavior in explaining Christianity, as he was not a Christian.

It's also foolish to think this, and so many other conflicts in recent history, is just simply about land. These folks might be willing to find a way to share the same limited space on the planet, if it weren't for the deep-seated hatred they have for each other; hatred that is based on their divergent religious beliefs (as acousticlady noted many posts ago). That's why there are Islamic organizations that are dedicated to the utter destruction of the Zionists (their term for Jews). It goes deeper than land issues.
            My fault. Kinda inna hurry myself. Like Matapule, been busy having communion at Costcos. Their wine selection is pretty good. *Hiccup*!

Allow me to clarify. The sword in this scripture is not in reference to violence. It is a separation and discernment between good an evil, righteousness and sin. This is explained in following versus. Jesus did say to separate ourselves from the ways of the world. In doing so, the world will persecute us like it did him. What I really wanted to emphasis in quoting this scripture was that Jesus did not come to Earth to bring peace. By virtue of living righteously, peace will evade us with respect to our relation to the world. Being righteous also requires that we execute judgment, which also includes protecting our families against evildoers.

Israel is killing people that would otherwise kill them without a doubt. There are Biblical scriptures that support self defense. Israel's current eagerness to broker a cease fire deal with Hamas, following months of tolerating over 3,000 missiles landing in their cities, more than demonstrates that they are in the right.

Comment

Oh...well. Hate. War. It's been going on for years.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Israel is killing people that would otherwise kill them without a doubt.
                Not all those being killed by Israel wish to harm anybody, certainly not the vast majority of children, but they are having hate instilled into them as they are watch and learn from these experiences, some of whom are also being badly injured and will remember forever.

Hamas and Palestinian subverts are always using the populated areas to hide in and fire from, using the innocents as civilian sheilds. If anyone in America stated doing the same things, especially unprovoked, there would be hell for them to pay. It's total BS.

You can't blame Israel for retaliating, but it's a lose lose proposition when civilians are the ones paying the majority of the price.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Israel is killing people that would otherwise kill them without a doubt..
                  Huh?! Israel is now firing on UN relief trucks. The UN and Red Cross is going is going to kill Israelis? "The U.N. suspended aid shipments in the Gaza Strip on Thursday and the Red Cross restricted its convoys after their trucks came under Israeli fire." source: AP
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Huh?! Israel is now firing on UN relief trucks. The UN and Red Cross is going is going to kill Israelis?
                    Kill Israelis with what? United Nation's Blue Army? Hah!

Maybe they should reactivate their U.N.C.L.E. program.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions regarding the Red Cross thing just yet. Until the investigation is complete, that's just propaganda. No one in their right mind would purposely bomb a red cross vehicle with the proper markings, unless you're a radical Islamist.

When you look at the history of America, you'll see that we paid a heavy price to be where we are in terms of having a "free" democratic society. We had the Civil War. One idealism vs. the other. Thankfully, the right side won. The problem is that Middle Easterners have not paid their own price. They need a civil war and take the dross out of their own country. I don't see the people taking a stand against radicalism. But because they won't take a stand, we and Israel have to deal with their mess. This is the price they pay for not standing up for righteousness in their own land. It's unfortunate for the innocent, but that's the way things are.
                      Last edited by Bobinator; January 9, 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I don't see the people taking a stand against radicalism..
                        I have made no secret that I take a stand against radical fundamentalist muslims, jews, and christians. A pox on all their self righteous, close minded, egocentric, holier than thou, my way is the only right way houses.

There, I took a stand. I am standing up for righteouness in my own land.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I gotta go with Matapule on this one. I'm for rightousness. Never hit first.

( yup, Leo, that's right, I said it.)
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            I gotta go with Matapule on this one. I'm for rightousness. Never hit first.

( yup, Leo, that's right, I said it.)
                            But you forgot the second part of your philosophy: Always hit last. And that seems to me to be very appropriate for this thread/situation.

Comment

Right again Leo. The best way to keep from being massacred is to NOT start trouble.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X