Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel vs Hamas

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Ron you are hijacking the thread, but I'm sure JohnKSmith or Islandguy will give you a lengthy discussion....
    JKS is too busy trying to start a health scare in another thread.

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    I agree with anapuni.

Where is the world outcry against Hamas firing rockets, unprovoked, into Israel?
    I agree too, but Hamas and the Palestinians state that the existence of Israel is provocation enough. I think Bobinator made a good point with his comment of Palestine refusing to become a nation.

I don't believe it will ever end, at least not until Armageddon.

Comment

Read the Koran. Then try to defend liberal pacifism, placating, and excuse-making.

Nope. There's no way to do it. In fact, you might reconsider about 30% of your views.

Guaranteed, few regulars here have read it. I've read two versions, in English.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Not to derail discussion, but shouldn't this thread be in This Island Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          I was thinking the same thing.

But since it is here anyway.........

Both Israel and Hamas (& Palistine, and, and, and......) act as if they were 6 yrs old and in the playground. "He hit me, whaaa....." "She pulled my hair, whaa......"

I truly believe that organized religion will be the death of all of us. What really cracks me up is that, as an outsider, I see all this bickering between jews & muslims (and catholics & protestants to a lesser degree of late) as bickering for the same thing. All of these religions were started from the same core beliefs (Abraham?). OK - minor differences in codes of conduct...... another indication that organized religion exists more to control the masses.........

Hamas sees Israel as taking over their god-given land and Israel sees it as taking back their god-given land. Funny thing is, they're fighting over the same god. Like a bunch of school kids fighting over who the teacher likes better. I think they all need to be sent to their respective corners and serve a few detentions .

Comment

As a Christian, I agree that “organized religion” is pretty screwed up. Belief in the one true God, however, does not fall in this category, because in truth, it’s not subject to man’s organization. Church as we know it today is not what it was during the 1st century, and has somewhat strayed off course.

There’s is quite a big difference between Judaism and Islam. A study of Islam’s history will show that Allah was a tribal god that was forced upon people through brute force (terrorism) by Muhammed. There is no mystery as to why terrorism and beheading remains a regular practice in Muslim countries. Muhammed was a conqueror, and established Allah as the main god wherever he went. If you refused, you probably either got your head sawed off, or a red hot poker up your kazoo. I don’t think the God of Israel was established in like manner. In fact, the word “love” is actually found in many places within the Old Testament. You won’t find it used in the Koran, though.

I don’t mean to hijack this thread to turn it into “bash Islam religion” thing, but it's sort of taking a life of it's own. Besides, I don’t think I’ve said anything untruthful. Anyway, that’s my take.

Comment

Re: Squat is the new glurg

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              What has Bush done in 8 whole years?
              Lots. That's why we are where we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                I was thinking the same thing.
                Proper organization of threads is still a work in progress by Ryan, Helen, and Mel. I started a thread called “Dubya Nearly Gets Nailed” in This Island Earth (where it should be, considering it was about an international event on foreign soil), but somehow, it got moved to The American Asylum. Go figure.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                  Lots. That's why we are where we are today.
                  And I supposed you'd prefer he do what Clinton did... Absolutely nothing while the enemy bombed our ass. Remember the first World Trade Center bombing, the U.S.S Cole, the U.S. Embassy in Somalia? This kind of stuff hasn't happened since 9/11/2001. Thank you Mr. Bush.

Okay, we can go back to the original thread now...

Comment

Oh my yes...

...what cryin' friggin' shame the creep has to go...
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                      I truly believe that organized religion will be the death of all of us.
                      I find I am in agreement with you here, but I take it one step further - a step that this gentleman does not join me in:
                      Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                      I agree that “organized religion” is pretty screwed up. Belief in the one true God, however, does not fall in this category
                      There have been hundreds, if not thousands of "true gods" in the history of mankind. The majority of people with a religious belief today consider those gods to be false. As an atheist, I merely take it one step further, and include the "god" of the present day among them.

It is the superstitious fallacy of a supreme being that is at the root of most of the world's conflicts. And that will never change.

Comment

Islam does not teach love, only hate and destruction of it's enemies. Read the Koran. I don't know what it will take to convince the liberal masses that radical islamic countries do not share the same values as the rest of the civilized western world. Having said that, the only effective political solution is to bring a gun to a gun fight..
                        Mr. B, I am sure you believe in your Christian faith, but do you really think this is the way Jesus would view the situation. "What would Jesus do?" Did Jesus bring a gun to a gun fight or did he turn the other cheek? Think about what you have written and ask yourself, "Is this the Christian I really want to be?"

Thank you with sincerity.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          The world is not a liberal utopia where everyone get's to be the winner.
                          Perhaps not, but it is certainly a worthy ideal to strive for.....and there are some situations where everyone comes out a winner. It does happen.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                            Normally I support Palestine efforts to gain a nation. However, continuing to fire rockets into Israel is not the way to do it.
                            I'm going to disagree with this. Hamas is getting great mileage out of the Israeli military offensive. Hamas has already won, when you see the pictures of the dead and injured coming out of Gaza. Firing rockets into Israel is not a military tactic but a political strategy. Hamas strategy is working brilliantly. Israel has taken the bait and will come out the loser in the long run.

I am not siding with either the Palestinians or the Israelis...there is plenty of blame to go around. But in my opinion, Hamas is making great strides to gain nationhood by firing rockets into Israel. Again, not saying it's right, just saying it is.

Comment

And I supposed you'd prefer he do what Clinton did... Absolutely nothing while the enemy bombed our ass. Remember the first World Trade Center bombing, the U.S.S Cole, the U.S. Embassy in Somalia? This kind of stuff hasn't happened since 9/11/2001. Thank you Mr. Bush.
                              Run that past me again. 9/11 happened on who's watch?

I expect there could very well be terrorist attacks against US interests in the world under Obama's watch to test his resolve. Has nothing to do with who is President, it has to do with political strategy. The US needs to start out thinking the terrorists. I think the new administration has the brains to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                There have been hundreds, if not thousands of "true gods" in the history of mankind. The majority of people with a religious belief today consider those gods to be false. It is the superstitious fallacy of a supreme being that is at the root of most of the world's conflicts. And that will never change.
                                LL thank you for posting this, so I didn't have to. You are welcome at the UU church to express your personal beliefs without judgement or condemnation.

Comment

Working...
                                X