Congratulations Drew Brees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Drew Brees

AP has recognized Drew Brees as the NFL offensive player of the year. Drew Brees is a friend of mine. He has been honored many times in his illustrious career which will certainly land him in the NFL Hall of Fame eventually.

Drew is a recent client of mine. He was playing for the SD Chargers at the time. I am not one to be star struck by professional athletes and movie stars, but Drew Brees is very impressive and a good guy. He is polite, well mannered, and well behaved. He and his wife Brittney were very happy living in San Diego. They were devasted when they couldn't reach an agreement with the Chargers. New Orleans was not their top choice for a career move. But in retrospect, things have worked out well for the Chargers with Rivers at QB and things have worked out well for Drew and Brittney in New Orleans. That is what professionalism is all about.

Even though I am old enough to be Drew's grandfather, we are about the same size physically. He is not super large as far as NFL quarterbacks go. And he always insists on calling me, "sir." He grew up in Texas and his parent reared him right. I said, "Drew it is not necessary to call me that." He said, "I understand, sir." Oh Boy. He was driving a 5 year old Chevy Silverado at the time even though he could afford any Rolls Royce he wanted. He did buy Brittney her own new, "S" class Benz.

I wish Drew well in his continuing career. Trust me, he is one pro athlete that you want to root for. He upholds the highest standards of a professional athlete......unlike some of the athletes we read about in the news today! And Brittney is a sweetheart, no primadona.

Congratulations Drew, you are a winner! Job well done under circumstances that may not be optimal.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Congratulations Drew Brees

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-brees-...211214011.html

Next stop, Canton Ohio.

Comment

Report: Drew Brees out as analyst for NBC after one season (msn.com)

One and done. He was okay for a newbie. He just didn't have any hot takes and criticize players.

Comment

Working...
      X