"Stargate Universe" on Syfy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stargate Universe" on Syfy

At the end of tonight's airing of the last episode of Stargate: Atlantis they had a brief promo of Stargate Universe that is coming in 2009, which if I had to guess might be Summer of 2009.

Re: "Stargate Universe" on Sci-Fi

A small piece written by Michael Ausiello hints that there will be a 30 second preview of Stargate Universe during the Battlestar Galactica finale. The piece doesn't say much other than it will be airing in the fall and who is in the cast of this series.

Comment

Re: "Stargate Universe" on Syfy

Found out that this series will air on Syfy starting on October 2, 2009. First episode will be 2 hours long starting at 6pm (HST) and reairing at 8pm.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

In case anyone missed the 2 hour premire episode it will be re-broadcast on Friday Oct. 9 at 4:00 pm (HST). Then a new 1 hour episode will air at 6:00 pm, that will be re-broadcast at 8:00 pm.

As far the premire episode goes it is way different in style than the usual Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis episodes, in this case the episode starts with the major event happening and then there are flashbacks in some of the characters that leads up to the major event (kind of like Lost, only without the sound effect before the flashback happens). Only time will tell if future episodes are going to use that style or not.

Had cameos by Richard Dean Anderson (Lt. Gen O'Neill), Amanda Tapping (Col. Carter), Michael Shanks (Dr. Jackson), Gary Jones (Walter) and Bill Dow (Dr. Lee) in the episode.

Comment

I appreciated the cameos from the original cast to sort of bridge to the new series but RDA seemed very...unjacklike. He seemed to be humorless and wooden.

Comment

Have to admit the show didn't make much sense to me. I think they should have figured that some people would be seeing Stargate for the first time and provided a little more basic explanation I didn't stay for the second hour, maybe wikl check out the repeat this week.

Comment

I also noticed that people going through the stargate in this ep were flying and tumbling through just like in the beginning of SG-1. But by the end of SG-1, people were walking through or running through but not really being tossed or thrown into a heap. Wonder if that's just a matter of practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                  I think they should have figured that some people would be seeing Stargate for the first time and provided a little more basic explanation
                  I think that purpose of the character known as "Eli". He is the new guy to the group so if you kind of notice he was watching videos on the way to the remote stargate.

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                  I also noticed that people going through the stargate in this ep were flying and tumbling through just like in the beginning of SG-1. But by the end of SG-1, people were walking through or running through but not really being tossed or thrown into a heap. Wonder if that's just a matter of practice?
                  They explained it in a fifth season episode of Stargate SG-1. Something to do with the computer program on the Earth's Stargate that dials the addresses or something like that.

Comment

Seems that the people on the Destiny was able to fix the CO2 scrubbers, and then the ship was able to recharge it's power systems from flying into a star.

Seems like next week episode deals with water.

Comment

Interesting episode in the vein of Thrice Upon a Time and a good number of movies references in the episode.

Comment

The promos for tonight's episode says it was the mid-season finale. Don't know at this time when the new episodes will air but I suspect it would be at least a couple of months.

As far as tonight's episode the little humor part is having Sgt. Greer tricking the rest of the science guys to eat that bad tasting potatoe like alien plant.

Comment

I'm a little squicked at the sex-while-borrowing-someoneelse'sbody thing. Do the people who own the bodies being borrowed know and did they consent? What about STDs? Even if the loved ones of the borrowing people know that the body has the consciousness of the people who are borrowing the bodies, it's odd that they seem to have no hesitation to have sex with the new bodies. Wonder if Col. Young's wife (ex wife?) mentioned to Col. Telford that they had sex with his body now that she's friends with Telford?

Comment

Promos on the Syfy channel today says that new episodes of Stargate Universe starts on April 2.

Comment

A new episode aired today. While the last episode had Dr. Rush stranded on a planet by Col. Young, it seems that Dr. Rush got picked up by some aliens who then went after the Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X