Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad day on the sandbar

<< dips hand into popcorn bowl, and fishes out half of what's left. >>

I can't decide if I'm laughing harder at the boat, its owner, its skipper, pz, admin, or Lika.

Cheers Tutu.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Wow. Very interesting stuff, LikeNui. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      He was not a happy camper. (But that co-owner wrote here yesterday that the officials were "happy" with him. Hmmmm.)
      I suspect corporate types are paid for how well they can spin and convince people to part with their money. No wonder they get bonuses when their companies fail!

Due to overloading the boat, all of those through-hulls were noted as being underwater even as Aquadelica left the harbor on Sunday.
      That's good to know. I thought some poor mechanic was gonna get blamed for "faulty" generator exhaust seals.

They just bought it as a chick magnet.
      Advice to all you gold diggers out there:
      Wealthy men own private islands. They don't need public sand bars.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Idiot gold diggers with absolutely no clue of what money is....lol.
        Rules of behavior that flex, bow, bend, and sway....lol.
        Leaky containment booms....lol.
        30 where 10 would do.....lol.
        Trashbags as bilge plugs, or worse, environmental answers...lol.
        One off snark HO's, who kinda suck at it....lol.

Plucking feathers fast as can, tar is hot in the pot.....passing the pot to Lika.

So cracking up right now. Roar, Laugh, Guffaw...dsolfgkjohfhgije gpiuf
        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          .....passing the pot to Lika.
          Passing it back.
          Too many seeds and stems in your pot.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

For 19.99, we can all have our own Aquadelica girl! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3336872

Comment

I guess that's all I can think of from today. If I remember something else later, I'll let ya know. And remember, my anger at Aquadelica isn't personal, it's just anger based on their history of behavior that endangers innocent people and, especially, children, not to mention their own passengers safety.
              I understand that Aquadelica has earned their "bad boat" reputation. No questions there.

What I don't understand yet, after 125 posts, is who was the "captain", the "negligent miscreant in charge of underway operations", or whatever we're calling the person responsible? Who was running the show that day?

I'm also confused about what kind of person would go to sea with a cast on their leg, but I guess they never thought they'd need to tread water or swim to shore... and when the salt water inside that thing eventually dried out, I can only imagine the itching.
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

It looks like the two single posts from the 'other side' are all we're going to hear from them. Doesn't help their cause.

Can't belive the Harbor Master from Heeia Kea didn't jump on the matters long ago. They used to be pretty on top of things there.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  It looks like the two single posts from the 'other side' are all we're going to hear from them. Doesn't help their cause.
                  I think they figured out they should stand on the Fifth Amendment.

If there is any possibility of legal action what ever they say on this forum will come back to bite them.

Besides it’s obvious they did not win any friends with their post.
                  "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                  Ayn Rand

Comment

I don't like to wish misfortune on anyone but... good for them!

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
                      Based on the reports here, it sounds like they might have had a few fifths already....

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                        What I don't understand yet, after 125 posts, is who was the "captain", the "negligent miscreant in charge of underway operations", or whatever we're calling the person responsible? Who was running the show that day?
                        Apparently that's what the various agencies are trying to find out, but as I said yesterday the stories are that everyone took off instantly and that the officials have been unable to reach any of the owners.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Gosh, I hope I didn't hurt their feelings! But really, I did give "Lorenz" the benefit of the doubt when he claimed in his first post to be the good partner of the owners. But his second post, in reply to my questions, was quite evasive and ended up raising more questions than it answered.

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
                        That's exactly what I've been thinking for the last 48 hours or so.

If there is any possibility of legal action what ever they say on this forum will come back to bite them.
                        Very true. If they anticipated legal action and retained an attorney, you can bet that the attorney told them to clam up.

I also need to reiterate, and emphasize, that my goal in all this is to simply stop a behavior pattern that, as I've said repeatedly, has offended and endangered almost all the other boaters in Kaneohe Bay.
                        Someone wrote earlier that they wondered why other boaters hadn't confronted Aquadelica in the past but that it was probably due to the local style of nonconfrontation. I think that's absolutely correct. You may have guessed that, for better or worse, it's not necessarily my style.
                        However.
                        There are two distinctly separate issues at play here. Aquadelica has offended tons of people with inappropriate behavior including outrageously loud music, drunkeness, obscenities, etc. That annoys me, but it's not what set me off here.
                        The real issue, and the one that pushed me over the edge, is that this new sandbar deal is the most recent of their pattern and history of endangering people with their boat and by their total lack of boating skills. I've personally had a couple of professional boating friends die because of amateur boaters like that. My own life has been in danger a few times from helping rescue amateur boaters like that. But perhaps the main incident was one I related earlier in this thread, about being the first responder to the 8-year-old girl who was sliced to ribbons by the propeller of a rude careless amateur's boat. I held that child in my arms as the Baywatch crew worked on her on scene and as we transported her to a hospital with her parents.
                        That was caused by boating behavior of someone exactly like Aquadelica.
                        You'll have to excuse me getting lit up by them, please.

Comment

Ocean was hungry in Kona this past weekend. One fisherman tried to help 2 kayakers, and paid the ultimate price. There was another also, at Banyans, but I don't know about it, just heard.

Lika, I too was first on scene to an 11 yo girl who got 'propped', back in 88. She was riding on the back of a SeaDoo when her uncle turned right into the path of a ski boat. She did not make it.

Looks to me like the gang aboard Aquadelica is guilty by the evidence 'in Hiding.' If you got nothing to hide, why you so scarce?
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Ocean was hungry in Kona this past weekend. One fisherman tried to help 2 kayakers, and paid the ultimate price.
                            Yeah, I read about that one. Sounds like he was a good guy, and that he didn't hesitate for a second to try to rescue them. I also heard that the kayakers met with the widow today to praise her husband, etc.

Lika, I too was first on scene to an 11 yo girl who got 'propped', back in 88.
                            So you know too what a life-altering experience it is to try to save a child. That's why I give major props to those in the medical profession and to the first-responders who deal with those kind of things daily. All the rest of us can do is whatever we can to try to prevent those accidents.

Comment

But perhaps the main incident was one I related earlier in this thread, about being the first responder to the 8-year-old girl who was sliced to ribbons by the propeller of a rude careless amateur's boat. I held that child in my arms as the Baywatch crew worked on her on scene and as we transported her to a hospital with her parents.
                              That was caused by boating behavior of someone exactly like Aquadelica.
                              You'll have to excuse me getting lit up by them, please.
                              No need to apologize.

I've seen my share of people getting maimed and killed by recklessness and carelessness. I don't tolerate stupidity much, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                                No need to apologize. I've seen my share of people getting maimed and killed by recklessness and carelessness. I don't tolerate stupidity much, either.
                                Good on ya, mate!
                                You know, somewhere in the Bible it says "For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."
                                I must not be wise, because I don't suffer fools at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X