Goodbye analog parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye analog parties?

So, any geeks throwing any parties/gathering to witness the end of a era? Jan 15 is fast approaching.

Re: Goodbye analog parties?

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    So, any geeks throwing any parties/gathering to witness the end of a era? Jan 15 is fast approaching.
    Ahhhhh...I turn 53 on Jan. 14th but I'm having a party on the 16th. PM me if you like come.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks Auntie, but I was looking more for a group to witness history with rather then a party. It would have to be organized around the event.

I'll have to check with a few more people. Maybe the Electronic Pizza will have a special gathering.

Comment

The ideal time for such a party would be around 11 before the 12 noon shut-off on Jan. 15. There should be 2 TVs connected to antenna one on analog the other on digital or if only one a digital box to hook up to the analog shortly after. And see what catches. Sounds geeky and it would be something I would come to except for the fact that it is a work day and I have to be at work. Maybe I'll bring my AM/FM/VHF TV radio to work, keep it tuned to a channel and wait for static to happen at 12. No digital option for anyone with such a radio.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          before the 12 noon shut-off on Jan. 15.
          It's noon? Well, there goes that idea. I hope all the stations will document the moment for the newscast.

Originally posted by mel View Post
          Maybe I'll bring my AM/FM/VHF TV radio to work, keep it tuned to a channel and wait for static to happen at 12. No digital option for anyone with such a radio.
          Yeah, I've noticed that there's been no new digital portable TVs. I wonder why. Power consumption?

Comment

Working...
          X