Digital TV walkman style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital TV walkman style?

I'm used to carrying my analog CD/AM/FM/TV player around so I can tolerate waiting/riding The Bus and such w/out missing my programs. That's pau now for TV.

Is there anything on the market that will avail the digital TV stuff in audio only via a portable/hand held device?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Digital TV walkman style?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I'm used to carrying my analog CD/AM/FM/TV player around so I can tolerate waiting/riding The Bus and such w/out missing my programs. That's pau now for TV.

Is there anything on the market that will avail the digital TV stuff in audio only via a portable/hand held device?
    You want audio only or picture also?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I don't know about Ron but I am sort of interested in the audio only part of the over the air digital TV broadcast. Doesn't have to a walkman style of package just something that is fairly portable, runs on AA batteries (of course 9 volt, AAA, C or D batteries is acceptable) and sort of reasonable priced (say under $50 or so)

I know portable TV are around but to be honest I drop things a lot and the last thing I need it is a cracked display screen.

Comment

Just the audio would be fine, Random.

My Sony CD Sport Walkman has been small and rugged/water resistant, in a nice small package.
        I don't want to lose my listening advantages when on the road.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I've remarked in another thread that I have yet to see anything portable for DTV.

I'm not overly surprised by fewer options - it takes a lot more electronics to do DTV. (Those radios for the TV band was easy. TV audio is FM modulated. All they did was create a new "FM Band". In other words a few tweaks to the built-in FM radio was all it needed to add TV audio.)

But I find it odd that there's no "watchman" or 5" type unit out there.

Edit: What I find odd is that no portable DVD players I have seen have built-in tuners.

Comment

Working...
          X