American Idol: Season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol: Season 8

I didn't see last week's show but did tune in last night. The guys definitely outshined the gals...except for Alison. She was great. So was Adam and Matt Giraud. I thought Anoop did a very decent job, too.

Megan's song was a train wreck. Think that's how Simon also described it. It's time for her to go home. Pretty gal, tho', but why such an extreme tattoo? Possibly a generation gap thingie on my part?!

Comment

I've been following the show as well I find these two contestants strong enough to be the final two even at this stage, Adam and Allison.
      Follow Me

Comment

The best thing they did this season was not worrying about the even male/female ratio. The best singers made it to the top 13. A lot of good singers this year. My big beef with AI is that the themes need to be updated. Motown night is so dull. Hopefully this week's rumored theme, the iTunes top 100, will be more exciting.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
          [...]My big beef with AI is that the themes need to be updated. Motown night is so dull. [...]
          This is such an individual preference and, in some cases, generational. I, for example, love Motown night (generational?), but could do without Country night (preference!). How would you like to see the themes/genres revamped?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            This is such an individual preference and, in some cases, generational. I, for example, love Motown night (generational?), but could do without Country night (preference!). How would you like to see the themes/genres revamped?
            Why not have America vote for the themes? I would also like to see the actual vote count posted for each contestant on elimination night it would make it more exciting. You know like a BIG tally board
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
              Why not have America vote for the themes? [...]
              I like that idea!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but this week a lot of the singers sounded "tinny". Just this week. As if they are using a different microphone system or the acoustics are different this week from other weeks or something.

Comment

Each season, once narrowed down to the top 10, one contestant, to me, becomes a break-out finalist and my favorite whether s/he wins or not...Fantasia w/"Summertime", Blake Lewis w/"Virtual Insanity", David Cook w/"Billy Jean", for instance.

Up 'til tonight I've favored Adam and Alison. Then, along came Chris Allen w/"Ain't No Sunshine". Wow! I'm now his newest cheerleader!

Comment

Kris did great last week, and of course so did Adam. Kris is a good singer, Adam is a great singer. His vocal range is astounding, and he has professional stage presence to boot. Nobody else this season is even close. He's likely the best singer ever on AI, with only Carrie Underwood being close.
                    I wasn't surprised that Megan was voted off, and I was disappointed in her immature behavior.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I wasn't surprised about Scott being voted off last night. Down to 7 now.
                      I also wasn't surprised that Adam was the last to sing on Tuesday night. Good for the ratings to save the best for last. If he sang first, a whole lot of people would change chanels, methinks.
                      One thing about AI that I've never liked are the group performances on the results nights. Just awful.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I was surprised that they were overtime on the show. I would think they have people watching the time carefully. The uproar over people who recorded the show and cut off Lambert's performance didn't hurt Lambert but it might have hurt one of the other performers if their performance was cut off.

Comment

Lambert's performance Tues. night was incredible. Ditto for Alison and Matt. This is an interesting season. By now I usually have a favorite who I stick with for the remainder of the season. Not so this time!

Comment

ref: running overtime - we've made it a practice to set the dvr to record the show after anything we want to watch later - MANY shows doing this (house, lost, etc.)

Comment

I think Lambert is by far the best overall musician in addition to being a great vocalist - there's a difference. Also very good at restrained mahalos (feigned humility?) in the face of judge's continuing overboard praise. Someone in our house asked this week - the guy's 27, how come he hasn't been on AI before this, and/or already been recording/performing?

Comment

Wow! Whatta night this is turning out to be and it's not even over. Great genre...much to my surprise. Lovin' it!

ETA...Now that tonight's show is over...DOUBLE WOW!!! This was one of my all time favorite AI nights. Glad to hear credit given where credit was due. Jamie Foxx. He took the Rat Pack genre and brought the best out of the 5 remaining contestants. Remarkable.
                                Last edited by tutusue; April 28, 2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X