Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol: Season 8

Default American Idol: Season 8

My TV has audio but no video on Fox. All other channels are fine. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Default Re: American Idol-Season 8

Same here, Tutu. I had video for the first two minutes, then nothing for the last 23 minutes. Audio's still good.
    Not even a crawl with the usual "Were experiencing technical difficulties."
    I'm glad I checked here first, cuz I was going to post exactly the same thread and message!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    My TV has audio but no video on Fox. All other channels are fine. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    I finally got through to Oceanic and the status message said they are currently experiencing problems with KHON.

I live in Makiki, so KHON's visual outage must be wide-spread.

Yay glad it's not just me going crazy. Or if I am going crazy it has nothing to do with having clear audio and no visual of AI *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    [...]
    I live in Makiki, so KHON's visual outage must be wide-spread.
    Probably island-wide at the very least. I'm in Makaha. LN's in Kaneohe and you're in town. <sigh>

Oops! Video's back!

32 minutes of black screen, for the highest rated show on television.
    Nice work, KHON.

What will Joe Moore say about this dreaded glitch award on the 10 o'clock news?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    What will Joe Moore say about this dreaded glitch award on the 10 o'clock news?
    I was wondering the same thing! Tell us what he does, k? I hope to be asleep by then. (I usually get up around 4:30 or 5.)
    And the show had a crawl a few minutes ago saying that KHON was going to re-air the first 30 minutes immediately after this ends.

Joe Moore just did a newsbreak, and mentioned the blackout and the replay. He played it straight, and only said the engineers still didn't know what caused it. It was almost like the powers-that-be told him to SDFU.
    Back to the show. Opinions, anyone?
    I thought the best was the oil rig guy, and I can see him possibly making the final 10. Maybe JB too. The blind guy was quite good, but I don't see him as able to do a variety of styles. Horror-movie kid was good too. And Barracuda Girl could go a long way.
    But what do I know? I publicly picked Carrie Underwood to win it all when she did her first audition.
    The Bikini Girl segment was... interesting.
    Kara DioGuardi did better than I expected as the new judge.
    Last edited by LikaNui; January 13th, 2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added Barracuda Girl.

Love Danny, a 28 year old, very recent widower. Great voice.

Yep, Danny for sure, and also the Indian guy Anoop.
    Still another half hour to go... complete with video this time, too!

I DVR'd the first night off the HD channel, it was all there.

Missed the last half-hour of "SNL" though, due to blackout. Interestingly, the show was black, but local commercials weren't. This happens pretty often.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Missed the last half-hour of "SNL" though, due to blackout. Interestingly, the show was black, but local commercials weren't.
    Oh no. I DVR'd SNL too, as I wanted to see how Taylor Swift would do. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
    As for AI, that last girl named Lil Round was awesome!

Did this show have a topper like the SNL character for the Bikini girl? The topper could be a totally nude contestant?

Default Re: American Idol: Season 8

Did Seacrest Out do some fast thinking after he did a faux pau by trying to "high five" a blind contestant?

Last night had auditions from San Francisco. The last one was a guy named Kai Kalama, from San Clemente. Touching story about he and his mom. He made it through to the next level.
    Bruddah looked local and his name is obviously local. Anybody know any backstory on him?

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Last night had auditions from San Francisco. The last one was a guy named Kai Kalama, from San Clemente. Touching story about he and his mom. He made it through to the next level.
    Bruddah looked local and his name is obviously local. Anybody know any backstory on him?
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendID=1946227 (MySpace page of his former band). That's all I could find for now.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Watching AI at the moment, and there was a mention that Randy Jackson used to be in Journey. I knew he was a producer but the Journey thing surprised me, so I did a little look-see and found:

While in the Bay Area, Jackson played in bands with Carlos Santana and Jerry Garcia. From 1986 to 1987 he was a member of the rock group Journey. Jackson joined Journey for their 1986 album Raised on Radio and subsequent tour. He moved to Italy in the late 1980s and played on a record by Italian pop star Zucchero. The record, Zucchero and the Randy Jackson Band, was produced by Corrado Rustici who played guitar with Randy on many albums in the early 80's and who became Zucchero's producer for 15 years creating Zucchero's biggest albums of his career.
    In 1985, Keith Richards was asked to provide music for the Whoopi Goldberg comedy vehicle, "Jumpin' Jack Flash". Richards assembled an all-star band which included Aretha Franklin on piano and lead vocals and Randy Jackson on bass guitar. This song was the fourth track on Aretha's 1986 album titled "Aretha". Randy can be seen in the song's video.
    Jackson was the bass guitarist on the 1991 self-titled Divinyls album (which features the song "I Touch Myself") as well as featured bassist on several tracks of Tracy Chapman's 1992 release, Matters of the Heart. He performed on the singles "Bang Bang Bang", "Open Arms", and "Dreaming on a World". That same year, Jackson also played bass on Bruce Springsteen's hit "Human Touch".
    Jackson has recorded, produced, or toured with many well-known artists and bands, ranging from Mariah Carey (he has been her musical director for a number of her tours; he was in her band at Live 8 in London in 2005) to *NSYNC, Whitney Houston, (produced) Dionne Farris'(critically acclaimed debut CD, Wild-Seed Wild-Flower), CÚline Dion, Fergie (dating back to her days in Wild Orchid), Stryper, Whitesnake (he took over when former bassist broke his arm for a couple shows in the late 80s), and Madonna (he played some bass on her album "Like a Prayer" although not on the single of the same name).
    Jackson played numerous times in Jean-Luc Ponty's backing band. His credits as a session musician range from playing with Aretha Franklin, Roger Waters, Bruce Springsteen, Journey, George Michael, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Blue Íyster Cult, Herbie Hancock, Richard Marx, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Michael Bolton, and Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band. His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay Area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Jackson to be in demand as a producer as well.
    He has also worked as an executive, spending eight years as vice president of artists and repertoire (A&R) at Columbia Records and four years heading A&R at MCA Records.

That's one heckuva resume.

Jackson rocking the DAWG!!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

I'm such a Randy Jackson fan and have, on occasion, wondered what a relationship between Randy and Queen Latifa would be like!!! She's great, too. I mean, both are the epitome of cool! Would it be a who-can-out-cool-who competition, do ya think?!

Anyway, after tonight's competition I'm pulling for 17 year old Rose who was orphaned by the age of 15. She tugged at my heartstrings. I also like the gal, can't remember her name, who had a Duffy quality about her.

I'll get more into the show, meaning undivided attention, once it's narrowed down to the top 10.

The guy with the lion puppet was funny!

On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.

Vote For The Worst leaked the names of the Top 36. Of course there's no guarantee that this is the real Top 36, but they're calling their source very reliable.

http://votefortheworst.com/20090129/..._idol_8_top_36

Kai Kalama is still in the running!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I'm such a Randy Jackson fan and have, on occasion, wondered what a relationship between Randy and Queen Latifa would be like!!! She's great, too. I mean, both are the epitome of cool! Would it be a who-can-out-cool-who competition, do ya think?!
    I thought Queen Latifa plays for the other team. Unless my Lezdar is wrong. I had a feeling about Wanda Sykes and not just because it rhymes with d.....

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I thought Queen Latifa plays for the other team. Unless my Lezdar is wrong. I had a feeling about Wanda Sykes and not just because it rhymes with d.....
    My curiosity was based 100% on cool factor regardless of any '...dar' factor!

The top 36 was leaked
    Adam Lambert
    Alexander Wagner-Trugman
    Alexis Grace
    Allison Iraheta
    Ann Marie Boskovich
    Anoop Desai
    Arianna Ayesha Afsar
    Brent Keith
    Casey Carlson
    Danny Gokey
    Jackie Tohn
    Jasmine Murray
    Jeanine Vailes
    Jessica Langseth
    Joanna Pacitti
    Jorge Nunez
    Junot Joyner
    Kai Kalama
    Kendall Beard
    Kristen McNamara
    Kris Allen
    Lil Rounds
    Matt Breitzke
    Matt Giraud
    Megan Corkrey
    Michael Sarver (JoesPlace says this is our mystery Michael)
    Mishavonna Henson
    Nathaniel Marshall
    Nick Mitchell
    Ricky Braddy
    Scott MacIntyre
    Stephen Fowler
    Stevie Wright
    Taylor Vaifanua
    Tatiana Del Toro
    Von Smith

It seems pretty accurate to me...take it with a gain of salt
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL