Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car A/C servicing, anyone HONEST on Oahu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car A/C servicing, anyone HONEST on Oahu?

My ac needs servicing. I refilled it to specs with stuff from walmart, used the cans with the GUAGE so I know I didnt BLOW the system, but it has a leak someplace. Any advice on HONEST/AFFORDABLE (both together?!) places in Wahiawa area to take it to? Thanks
    http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Re: Car A/C servicing, anyone HONEST on Oahu?

There is an auto shop on Kamehameha Hwy between Olive and California next to Wendy's I believe, that do honest work, I just don't know if they do AC work, if not I'm sure they can refer you to a reliable place.

Comment

Polar AC in Pearl City (kam hwy)

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
        Polar AC in Pearl City (kam hwy)

Ok I will call them,thanks!

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...C.808-456-6571
        http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

i used the same stuff from walmart to recharge the ac on a subaru outback. heres what i experienced: depending on how long your system has been dicharged, you may have dry seals. the refrigerant act as a lubricant as well. i had to loosen and then tighten 2 different connections in order to let the stuff permeate those seals. once i did that it worked fine. also some older cars used a now banned refrigerant and you have to convert those to the new stuff before it will work. you need a pro for that.
          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Tommy's Auto Service on Dillingham, near the prison.

Comment

my first car, as it neared retirement, developed an AC leak that would have cost as much as the value of the entire car itself to fix. jackie chan's (not the actor/martial artist/restauranteur) auto on mokauea and kuroda radiator across from the former buffet restaurant whose name i can't recall and the watercress farm by pearlridge both were reliable, honest, and reasonably priced when it came to recharging my AC and not trying to sell me services that made no sense given the age of the car.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                recharging my AC and not trying to sell me services that made no sense given the age of the car.
                I thought they were required to fix any leaks before recharging. Damage to the ozone and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  I thought they were required to fix any leaks before recharging. Damage to the ozone and all that.

*shrug* really? didn't know that.

the leak was somewhere near my dash and to fix the leak, they would have had to remove my entire dashboard. total cost would have been $1000+.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It might only apply to older (pre-1994) A/C systems that run R12 and not R134 used now. Or maybe they refill it with something else that isn't a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X