Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Circuit City to liquidate

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    That's odd. Sure it wasn't a referb/reconditioned or a new reduced price or something? Normally stores have a snit fit if the manufacturer will sell the item a below "list". Since Apple sells most of the stuff outside of the Apple store, they can't afford to tick them off.

I haven't looked at the touch, but when I was shopping around, I never saw a sale. At best somethings would be bundled in - as in "free with every" so you got more for the price.
    No, this was brand-new in box, at the same price Apple lists on its own website.

Best Buy and Circuit City apparently marked their units above MSRP. Higher price and customer service that was less than what Apple provided: That combination probably hurt sales.

Comment

Circuit City still had their ad in Sunday's Honolulu Advertiser.

Comment

Walked through today while on my way to Down on Earth and I swear, people were like liquidation = cheap without really looking at the price tags. Lots of folks had huge stacks of DVDs. TVs and monitors were mostly gone. Lots of video games left, but I didn't see anything that was like a huge deal that I couldn't get at Amazon or something.

Also, there was only an escalator going up and you had to take the back stairs going down. No handicap access whatsoever (that I saw) to the 2nd floor as the elevator was blocked off.

I saw a woman who was fairly ticked off as she was trying to return something from Christmas. Apparently she finally got the receipt for it but of course, they've been sold to a liquidator so no returns. The guy was trying to explain it to her but man o man, she was maaaaaaaadddddddddd.

Comment

the discount is at 30% now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            If you have giftcards or CC, get ready to use them.
            The news tonight said there is just a week left to use gift cards. If you've got a gift card, you might want to call the store and find out the last date to use it (and, don't wait much longer because there won't be anything "good" left to buy).
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

i think the discount is now at 70%

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                The guy was trying to explain it to her but man o man, she was maaaaaaaadddddddddd.

What part of The Company itself is folding she is NOT getting? I assume there is a sign posted w/ explicit 411 details and if she returned it way before the company made their announcement of closing down as a whole then she would have no problem w/ her return. But then again she can write a letter as backup but she is going hit a dead end no matter what. If she wants to get back her $$$ go the craigslist route or better yet sell it EBay or Amazon, sheesh.
                I myself have yet to waltz into any CC stores here on my end.

Comment

I should have posted before. I poked my head in on Thursday night. Sunday is set to be the last day. I'm sure there won't be much by then. There wasn't must on Thursday. The whole store was maybe 1/3 of the ground floor.

A whole isle of Dark Night and Hancock DVDs for $10 something. Epson R280 printers, $60. GH3, $35. Everything else was down to the dregs. I think were was 2 large screen sets left in the whole store. They still had a bunch of faceplates and wiring adapters if you're putting a stereo in the car. I think the still had some Panasonic cameras at the $160 level.

Comment

Like a fool, I wondered if there were any Blu-Ray players left, so I stopped by today. All that stuff was long gone, probably two months ago. There were plenty of Hancock and Dark Knight DVDs and bagged electronic gizmos I couldn't identify. But basically all that was left was store fixtures.

I also stopped by Hobby Company, which is shutting down this weekend after 27 years at Pearlridge. They are resurfacing as an annex of Craft Supply in Pearl City. Still, sad...
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                    X