Know a good allergist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know a good allergist?

Looking for an allergist recommendation. My friend is frustrated with her current provider and wants to find one who will actually work with her to try and find a way to minimize her constant and severe chronic allergic reactions instead of only treating the flare-ups. She feels that despite having the same doctor for almost 30 years, he still treats her like a number and makes her feel like she's going in circles and not getting anywhere.

She also is having to pay out of pocket, so it needs to be someone willing to work with her on a payment plan she can live with.

If you have had a positive experience with an allergist, please PM me so I can pass on recommendations to my friend who's miserable and in tears after a lifetime of suffering from her condition...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Know a good allergist?

Try working with a naturalpath. Western medicine doesn't cure anything anyway.

Case in point- For years, I suffered from Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Screwed my voice up. Couldn't sing, and I'm a minor league entertainer. Went to the best doctor. Took acid reflux meds for years. The only option was to increase the dosage, which I did, but didn't work. Or, get surgery. Nuts!

Gave up and went to a chinese herb shop in Chinatown. Took a bottle of some wing of bat, eye of newt stuff. Cost= $6.50.

Cured. No longer on meds for the last 3 years. Only take that herbal stuff for maintenance if the need arises once in a great while. No acid burns, unless I go bananas with coffee, chocolate and tomatoes all at once. Now that's what call medicine!

Theory: Bacterial imbalance in my bread basket.

I'm convinced that the engine which drives the medical community isn't curing people. It's money!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
      Try working with a naturalpath.
      [...]
      Gave up and went to a chinese herb shop in Chinatown. Took a bottle of some wing of bat, eye of newt stuff. Cost= $6.50.
      [...]
      That sounds more like an herbalist than a naturopath...unless there was an N.D. after the name of the person who treated you. Regardless, your results are very cool!

I'm all in favor of complimentary medicine and have had favorable results with allergy treatments by a naturopath. I just wish insurance covered them.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        That sounds more like an herbalist than a naturopath...unless there was an N.D. after the name of the person who treated you. Regardless, your results are very cool!

I'm all in favor of complimentary medicine and have had favorable results with allergy treatments by a naturopath. I just wish insurance covered them.
        I guess I used the terms interchangeably. I was just trying to steer 'Chaos' towards something that has a better chance at finding an actual cure for her friend. I may be wrong, but I consider herbs naturopathic.

Comment

[...]I may be wrong, but I consider herbs naturopathic.
          Herbs are definitely considered a natural treatment and are used in the practice of naturopathy. However, naturopathic doctors (N.D.) also incorporate homeopathy, food and, if licensed, accupuncture, among other remedies! Naturopathy is broader in it's use of healing modalities than herbalism but both have their place in complimentary/alternative medicine.

Or, did you just mean you consider herbs a natural treatment and I took off in a direction you didn't attend?

Comment

Chinese medicine isn't only herbs. Some of the ingredients are animal parts. Just saying.

Comment

My family is working with Kaiser allergists currently, for son, self, and VCA for Fido.... Probably mold (living in Kahalu`u, er, UPPER Kahalu`u, has its detriments).

I'll let you know.

Gave up and went to a Chinese herb shop in Chinatown. Took a bottle of some wing of bat, eye of newt stuff. Cost= $6.50.
              I'm convinced that the engine which drives the medical community isn't curing people. It's money!
              Yeah, my medication-induced constipation (why do I TRUST you people with the?), cost $70/week via Chinese Herbs vs. $2.50/month for equivalent OTC stuff from Longs. (Isn't "Long" a Chinese name anyway?)

Long story short, I use what works for the least price. EVERYONE (especially doctors [of any discipline] and lawyers [with some few exceptions, names on request]) will take what they can get out of you!
              Last edited by Kaonohi; March 21, 2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: Poor lighting, visual typing
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I know that all a snake needs for allergies are antihisssssssstamines.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X