Inauguration Plans Everybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inauguration Plans Everybody?

Tomorrow's the day. Where you goin? Dressin up? Tails or costume. Black cocktail dress, or formal gown? Parties just about everywhere you look here on Big Island.

Me? I'm dressing up as a Simon Legree.(jk) I'll be attending at Senor Billy's Restaurant. Should be a gas. I am most looking forward to a free bar tab. (See signature.)

All in all, I betcha it's gonna be real fun.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Inauguration Plans Everybody?

I'll be working. We do a live newspaper broadcast between 7-9 am - though most of us are wishing we could get some sort of descriptive-audio feed for our patrons. I believe ABC will be running one on their SAP.

Comment

There's a celebration on the lower level of the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel that I'm contemplating whether or not to go. If anybody else is interested, here's a list of some of the Inaugural gatherings on Oahu:

http://civ.moveon.org/event/events/i...&submit=Search

Comment

It's Tuesday. I work.

Comment

Seeking Penance and I are attending the festivities at The Royal Hawaiian Hotel. It's being hosted by the Democratic Party of Hawaii. Attire is "Island Elegant." And luckily I have a designer/artista friend. who made my gown for the occasion. I will take pictures to post and share. No drinking for me that night. ha ha ha Need to be at my best behavior.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A small group of friends and I want to watch Obama's swearing in, live! I volunteered to have a 6:00Am breakfast party at my tiny hale! I've never been to a party, much less hosted one, that started that early! I so hope my alarm works!

I warned my neighbors and our condo's security dept.!

Did anyone see Obama's 5th grade, Punahou teacher, Pal Eldredge, interviewed in D.C. on Sunrise this morning? Grace Lee asked him how he thinks he'll feel tomorrow. Eldredge, a big, teddy bear of a guy, said he'll probably cry like a baby! Me, too! I have plenty of kleenex!

Comment

I will probably have the TV coverage on in my classroom all morning. Whatever one thinks of the incoming President (and I did not vote for him), the inauguration of a new President is not something that happens very often in this country. This will be my eighth and most of my students' second, 'though they were too young to remember the first.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Just watching it on tv. It's early enough that it does not interfere with my work schedule (other than waking up earlier) *g*

Comment

It's 4.10 p.m. here in England, which means I get to watch the ceremony in less than an hour. Noon in a bitterley cold Washington. So many thousands of people are there that the National Guard are doing crowd control.
                  Good luck feller. If I was a Yank, I would have voted for you.

Comment

Private grammar/high schools here in Cabo have given the students the day off, so they can watch this historic event! The Mexicans down here are just as excited about todays events as we gabachos.

President Obama!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Just watching it on TV, that's about it.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

DU was late to school. But I figured since she was watching intently from the comfort of the warm, cozy couch, on a chilly morning, well, what the hey.

And hat's off to Scriv. Keep those kids engaged in their future. Thought you was a Math Teacher.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Usually at Work but was home today so watched thee main part of seeing Obama Sworn in.

Was that arranged or coincidence that Roberts who swore Obama who voted AGAINST his conformation? Seemed to be a awkard moment and it showed when Barrack flubbed a little at the begining.

Other than that great TV History in the making moment.

Comment

Another party for anybody who'd like to celebrate after work...

Aloha Obama Inauguration Party
                            The Waterfront at Aloha Tower Marketplace - 1 Aloha Tower Drive
                            January 20 : 6:30 p.m.
                            This free party in honor of Obama's big day will rock the Waterfront. Includes a no-host bar, validated parking, and TV coverage of the inaugural event. The party starts at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by The Waterfront and Henk Rogers from Blue Planet Software.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                              Seemed to be a awkard moment and it showed when Barrack flubbed a little at the begining.
                              Actually, Roberts got the oath wrong and flubbed it. Obama repeated the oath as written not as Roberts recited.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                              X