Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inauguration Plans Everybody?

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Was that arranged or coincidence that Roberts who swore Obama who voted AGAINST his conformation? Seemed to be a awkard moment and it showed when Barrack flubbed a little at the begining.
    It was Roberts who flubbed the words. Obama paused to give Roberts a chance to correct himself. Roberts didn't, so Obama started to say it correctly.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28755439/?GT1=43001

Senators Byrd and Kennedy fell ill at the inauguration lunch.

Comment

My heart goes out to Sen. Kennedy. What an unfortunate time (not that there's ever a fortunate time) to have a medical incident. Come to think of it, the luncheon was a more fortunate time. Sen. Kennedy was standing behind Michele Obama's left shoulder during the oath. CNN reported that Sen. Inouye was at the same table as Kennedy.

CNN's synthesized, 3D photo of "the moment" is incredible. Technology is absolutely amazing.

Whatta morning. I'm exhausted...and very full!

Comment

The Punahou band goes by the reviewing stand and President Obama and family throw shakas...the idle thought crosses my mind (not technically at all accurate obviously) that a Hawaiian has become President, that at long last Queen Liliuokalani has been vindicated. In a sense, she has, in the same general sense that Dr. Martin Luther King has been vindicated. If thats the right word. I remain so excited!

And indeed, thoughts and prayers with Senator Kennedy, a great presence in our beloved America.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            The Punahou band goes by the reviewing stand and President Obama and family throw shakas[...]
            Ok, I know this is gonna sound silly, but the exchange of shakas made me all misty eyed! I knew the band planned on aiming shakas in the President's direction. I was so hoping there'd be a like kind exchange...and there was. Where's my kleenex?!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Actually, Roberts got the oath wrong and flubbed it.[...]
              Yep, and owned up to it a little later!
              Source

Comment

President Obama`s proudly smiled and gave the shaka-sign as his Punahou Band passed by. Way the go President Obama.
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  The Punahou band goes by the reviewing stand and President Obama and family throw shakas...the idle thought crosses my mind (not technically at all accurate obviously) that a Hawaiian has become President, that at long last Queen Liliuokalani has been vindicated. .

FINALLY....a President who is a human being! Shakas all around!

In my mind Hawai'i does have a President in the White House. I am so proud of all Hawaiians of every cultural. This is your day, enjoy!

I so, so, so want Obama to put the Western White House in Hawai'i but I suppose that presents too many technical problems.

This whole day is just beyond expectations!
                  Last edited by matapule; January 20, 2009, 12:11 PM.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Mata, with the booming Asian economy, and the increase of China, India, Korea in world politics, and the exceptional harbor, and the fact that it's his home, and that most folks in Hawaii pay no mind to big celebs in day to day life, and with Inouye controlling the purse strings, I'd say you have a serious 1-2 punch for advocating a Western White House in Hawaii. I think it's a good idea.

You know what they say....Location, Location, Location.

He lit up with the Punahou Band shaka.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I heard the oath on the radio enroute to a meeting this morning and was able to catch the Punahou band in the parade when I got back to the home office.

Got it recorded to digital tape and will check it all out when my wife gets back from work.

Comment

Now I'm watching the 44th US President and his First Lady take the First Dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball on ABCNews.com
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I wonder what President Obama's "drink" is. He deserves a couple of stiff ones toward's the end of the night.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            I wonder what President Obama's "drink" is. He deserves a couple of stiff ones toward's the end of the night.
                            I stumbled on the answer earlier today on the Internet. Obi Wan's favorite food is Mexican! His favorite restaurant is Topolobampos mexican restaurant in Chicago. His favorite cocktail is.......drum roll.......a blended Margarita!

Throwing major shaka to President Obi Wan

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Perfect! I love 'em.

A pitcher of margaritas all night long.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                Perfect! I love 'em.

A pitcher of margaritas all night long.
                                Tim, I look forward to making you a real Cabo margarita. Never had an unsatisfied customer yet.

Do you think we should invite Pres. Obi too? I think you just might like the guy.

shakas, brah.

Comment

Working...
                                X