No announcement yet.

How many miles do you have on your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many miles do you have on your car?

~178 k on a 1990 Honda, a truly wonderful car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
      Matapule drives "The Bus".
      Yes, I call it the Luv Bus and everyone of goodwill is welcome to hop aboard regardless of race, creed, religion, or gender. Looking to milk another 190k fun filled miles out of it.
      Last edited by matapule; January 21, 2009, 04:41 AM.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

51.5K on a 1997 Geo Metro 4-dr sedan, bought in Spring 1998 with 13K on it. Off the Budget lot. The salesman assured me this car wasn't part of their rental fleet.

That was technically true. Instead, it was part of National's fleet, which I discovered when I opened the door and looked at the jamb; there was a National sticker there.

However, it's been a pretty good little car.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The "locker room" I mean 1998 CRV has 63,500 exactly as of the trip to and
          from town today.

Comment

'96 Acura RL - bought in Oct. 2000 with 36K on the clock; now at 151K (115K of smooth driving over the last 8+ years; expect this to go to 250K as I plan to keep it even though I'm getting a new car;
            '01 Honda Odyssey - bought new in April 2001; now at 130K trouble-free miles; great people-mover and cargo hauler

The few repairs needed beyond wear-and-tear items were covered under warranty.

Comment

35. *big grin*
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

64k 05 s2000

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                  35. *big grin*
                  lemme drive it!
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

sigh....I had 238,000 on my 88 4-Runner before it got stolen in 2000. It was never recovered.

36k on my '06 Chevy HHR. I commute about 15k/yr.... Love this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      lemme drive it!
                      Why does a scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off come to mind?

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
                        sigh....I had 238,000 on my 88 4-Runner before it got stolen in 2000. It was never recovered.
                        I prolly ran off and buried itself...

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                          35. *big grin*
                          lemme drive it!
                          *lol* get in line--that's what all my friends say when they first meet her!
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                            51.5K on a 1997 Geo Metro 4-dr sedan, bought in Spring 1998 with 13K on it. Off the Budget lot. The salesman assured me this car wasn't part of their rental fleet.

That was technically true. Instead, it was part of National's fleet, which I discovered when I opened the door and looked at the jamb; there was a National sticker there.

However, it's been a pretty good little car.
                            No, it's still just another SALESMAN'S LIE!

Comment

Sorry, a duplicated post.

Comment

lemme drive it!
                                Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                                Why does a scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off come to mind?
                                egad, i'd cry, GG. but your comment reminds me of an australian story that made the rounds with MINI enthusiasts: "i wanted heated seats, but this is ridiculous!" or "beds are burning."

wonder how many miles she had on her car before the unfortunate event.

Comment

Working...
                                X