Jill Biden Gaffe on Oprah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jill Biden Gaffe on Oprah

In a surprise appearance, Vice President-elect Joe and Dr. Jill Biden sat down with Oprah™ in a segment that aired today. During the interview, Jill revealed a startling revelation that many Clinton fanatics may view as “throwing Hillary under a bus.” The gaffe has already set the blogosphere abuzz with speculation that Clinton was simply “sloppy seconds” for the Obama administration.

This would make Hillary Clinton of New York, Obama’s nominee for Secretary of State and his chief rival in the Democratic primaries, something of a left-overs choice.

The vice president-elect tried to hush his wife as soon as the words came out of her mouth on Oprah’s TV set, with a loud “shhh!” that sent the audience into laughter.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Jill Biden Gaffe on Oprah

Ooops. Dr. Jill, Ph.D. will have to say she didn't understand, got it mixed up. Oh well. We all know that's not the worst thing Hilary will have to deal with.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

It's not a surprising "revelation."
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I don't think it means anything. Not a big deal in my opinion. In fact, HC may have turned down the VP position before Biden was asked.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          HC may have turned down the VP position before Biden was asked.
          Sure, anything’s possible, but I think your scenario is very unlikely. As I’ve said in previous threads, HRC was the antithesis of Obama’s message of change, and I believe he may have lost the election had he chosen HRC as VP (therefore while she was “officially” considered, she was never asked). My money says Axelrod & gang viewed it through the same lens.

But hey, you never know. Jilly might reveal that part of the equation as well. Next time, on Oprah™. Biden & Biden do make a pair don’t they?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

I wonder if Joe's trying to shush her made it worse? Emphasized the appearance of something that was supposed to be seekrit so more attention was paid to it? (Not that it would have entirely escaped notice by some people but I mean caused broader notice and focus on it).

Comment

Working...
            X