Beware Belkin computer products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware Belkin computer products

Apparently their stuff is so bad, their own employees buy competitors' products for personal use. Belkin also got caught paying people for positive reviews.

I owned one Belkin product (a router), and it seemed ok, but it died after a year or two. Not enough personal experience with their stuff form a strong opinion.

This web page has a letter from a supposed employee.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Beware Belkin computer products

hmmmm interesting...
    I happen to OWN a Belkin which is a iPod Case that goes around my Nano.
    When I used to have the rectangle shaped Nano I bought a Belkin that snaps on easily and snaps off.

WELL.... When I Bought the iPod Case for the new Nano's Apple Introduced they did not snap on instantly. Ya had to play around hoping the case would co-operate and click. I was sooooooo ready to take it back and the old saying goes, Patience is a virtue the case somehow stuck together.
    Now I just HATE when I drop the ipod and the case comes apart!

#%@$

Comment

I buy Belkin CAT5 and USB cables that is sold by Wal-Mart and they haven't given me any problems.

Comment

I assume the main issue is with their electronic products. I think I have a Belkin firewire cable somewhere.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

I'm using a Belkin KVM switch. manual was horribly written, but it works like a champ.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

OK, make it complicated electronics

Come to think of it, I think I have a Belkin power strip somewhere too. Or is that at work?
            "

Comment

Belkin makes a lot of products so the odds of having a few products that don't work is possible but to say all they stuff they make don't work just didn't make sense.

Comment

I think most of their stuff is in the "OK" range. That said, I think things like routers and switches and stuff I'm a little more picky on the brands.

Comment

Their routers are so-so. I have a bunch of dead ones but as much as linksys.
                  thier customer service sucks (india). I always make the rep confused so they transfer me to a techie in the US (they're call advanced tech). also RMAs are the pits.

Comment

Working...
                  X