President Bush - Final Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush - Final Chapter

In being tested so harshly, in the first months of his term, he was off to an ominous start. 9/11/01 was nearly as hard as 12/7/41. Though I would submit that FDR handled the political fallout much better than Dubya.
    Glurg.

Economy was good for the first 3/4, same as it was for the likes of Clinton/Bush the Smarter/Reagan. I still say demographics is the elephant in the room. I think it's great that President Obama is talking about rebuilding largescale infrastructures. That is truly economic investment, despite the Politics of NO!

Foreign policy, not so much. As always, hindsight is 20/20. President Obama will need that charming smile everywhere he goes. 'Damage control' is probably a good theme.

I don't think President Bush was malicious, in as much as I would never consider the Politics of NO! malicious. Both believe in their own altruism. But sometimes, wiser decisions can be found when looking closely at what the other side is trying to say.

President Bush made some hard decisions, under tough circumstances, that were very unpopular. History has treated these types of leaders kindly.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: President Bush - Final Chapter

The first of the apologists/history-revisionists on this website? The only thing we would likely agree on is that Bush is not stupid. That was an act. His every decision was in the interests of the GOP - Greed, Oil, Profits.

Comment

I always wanted the Press to ask Mr. Bush if he ever read the intelligence briefing he was given in August 2001 titled "Al Qaeda Determined To Strike Inside U.S.", which forecast hijacking jets and flying them into tall buildings on Manhattan, among other scenarios. He was given the briefing then went on vacation...on vacation for a month...before the terrorist attacks that killed 3,000. And if he read it, when. Before, or after the attacks. And another good question would be whether he still thought breaking up President Clinton's anti-terrorist intelligence team that had broken up 3 big al qaeda plots (bombing the Space Needle, bombing LAX, and blowing up 10 747's over the Pacific) was such a great idea after all. Remember how his mom said that the refugees from Katrina "did well" to get FREE admission to the Astro Dome? How sensitive of her. By the same token, it is so nice that Mr. Bush was able to profit so handsomely off the deaths of 3,000 Americans who might easily be alive today if he had done his duty and read the damn intelligence report instead of...going...on...vacation...for a month. Delicacy, politeness, whatever, no doubt, prevented the Press from doing ITS duty.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        In being tested so harshly, in the first months of his term, he was off to an ominous start. 9/11/01 was nearly as hard as 12/7/41.
        9/11 was a miniscule event compared to WWII.

WWII had the Allies facing Japan, Germany, Italy, each with entire industries organized to build the machinery and munitions to demolish entire cities.

We kill more Americans on our highways in a month than determined terrorists have on and since 9/11.

If Bush had been in charge in 1941, he would have sent all our troops straight to Guam on Dec. 8 and declared "mission accomplished" after failing to find Nazi forces.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/g...131938993.html

America's royal family?

Comment

America's royal pain in the okole, and the father (you know, the one who somehow can't remember where he was when JFK was killed even tho he was right there in Dallas...) wants it to continue even further with Jebeneezer. No thanx.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              America's royal pain in the okole, and the father (you know, the one who somehow can't remember where he was when JFK was killed even tho he was right there in Dallas...) wants it to continue even further with Jebeneezer. No thanx.
              What do you predict the selection will be for 2016?

Who would you like to see run/who would get your vote for prez?

Please know I like you all, and want to know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by tlp123 View Post
                Jon Huntsman, Jr., former governor of Utah, ambassador to Singapore, ambassador to China. I doubt I would vote for him for prez, since I'm a liberal democrat and he's a conservative republican, but if the democrat candidate were sufficiently awful, it might be possible. At any rate, he's the only republican now on the national stage who strikes me as a person of principle who is smart enough to run the country. The others are just third rate politicians with fingers to the wind. Of Huntsman, Wikipedia says "Under his leadership, Utah was named the best managed state in America by the Pew Center on the States.[2] He won re-election in 2008 with nearly 78% of the vote and left office with approval ratings over 80%.[3]", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr..
                Greg

Comment

Thank you Greg for articulate and intelligent reply.

In your view, how do the majority of Hawaiians view mainland federal politics?

Under which Administration in the past 20 yrs were the majority the happiest?

Comment

In your view, how do the majority of Hawaiians view mainland federal politics?
                    I have no idea.
                    Greg

Comment

Predicting results 3 years out is a very long stretch.

The Nation of Hawaii was stolen from the Hawaiian people by

invading outside parties who had no conception of the Polynesian way of life.

Comment

What do you predict the selection will be for 2016?

What's the name of the politician who loves his bottled water?

Comment

They called it kool aid in ages past.

Don't eat the yellow snow, as Frank Zappa once commented.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            What's the name of the politician who loves his bottled water?
                            Marco Rubio.
                            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                              The Nation of Hawaii was stolen from the Hawaiian people by
                              invading outside parties who had no conception of the Polynesian way of life.
                              It was, what is termed a "hostile takeover."
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                              X