Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GITMO Closing?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Oh, yeah. After the Colonists realize they cannot beat the British Army with standard rules of battle engagement, and adopted guerilla warfare.
    Not to mention the help they got from a major storm that nearly wiped out the Brits as they advanced toward Washington!

Notice that terrorists are using the same guerilla tactics against Americans that the Americans used against the Brits?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      What you think?
      Any anti-war protester want to put them up?

Isn't that what Obama talked about doing something for the community, instead of whining and make ridiculous near-billboard-size signs on safe ground?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Good thinking Random. We make it a raffle. 200 bad guys. Millions of Americans who voted for Ol' Bammy. Chances are very low that you end up with a new roommate. But hey, if you do, think of the opportunity to help reform a terrorist by showing them all the love you have in your heart.

This is a good idea. Spreads them out far and wide. And gives them role models to learn from.

What say Obama voters? Ready to help?
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Well.

I think the House and Senate have spoken; and no other country is willing to take the terrorists.

How's 90-6 grab you?

American dollars are too busy funding every other idea of this new administration; Gitmo falls too far down the list.

Comment

Dealing properly with Gitmo should be a priority for this admin, one of many. That they havn't shut the embarrassment down and dealt with it already is not acceptable. And of course you have the typical baloney republican blab ala Thune spouting 'what Americans want'. He, like so many before him, speaks for one American, himself, at best.
            I would happily have the whole bunch of remaining detainees housed correctly anywhere on Oahu, my back door. It's not a major problem to simply incarerate even the worst of the worst, and if it suddenly is, then we have even worse problems than thought.

Obama has done some excellant things so far, but has grossly failed on many of the most important travesties stemming from the previous bunch that he should have have taken care of immediately.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

So can they live down the street from me? I guess Gitmo just isn't good enough for these "living treasures".

Comment

Down the block?

Why so far away? What's wrong with next door, or in your yard?

And no, a sad joke on the US like Bush's stalag isn't good enuf for anybody, especially Americans.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  And of course you have the typical baloney republican blab ala Thune spouting 'what Americans want'.
                  If only the GOP weren't in control of Congress...

...oh wait. Apparently the Dems who ARE in control were too chicken to go along with their president. *sigh* - the Democrats really are the party of missed opportunities.

Comment

a 460 bed prison in hardin, montana wants em.

i'd cut & paste a link from one of the area's april newspaper issues, but i recently and reluctantly switched from my beloved blackberry to an iphone (from which i am posting) and for whatever incomprehensible reason, apple did not see fit to allow that very basic ability. sigh.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Here is Dan Inouye's official statement re: his amendment that passed and received bi-partisan support.

http://inouye.senate.gov/09pr/20090520pr01.html

Despite some of the rhetoric on this issue, this amendment is not a referendum on closing the Guantanamo Bay prison,” Senate Appropriations Chairman Daniel K. Inouye said today. “Instead, it should serve as a reality check since, at this time, the Administration has not yet forwarded a coherent plan for closing the prison.”

“But let me be clear. We need to close the Guantanamo prison. Yes, it is a fine facility. I, too, have visited the site. Yes, the detainees are being well cared for. Our servicemen and servicewomen are doing great work. But the fact of the matter is Guantanamo is a symbol of the wrongdoings which have occurred, and we must eliminate that connection.

Many of my colleagues are justifiably concerned about how the terrorists at Guantanamo will be handled. They deserve answers, but so, too, we must begin planning to close the prison. That work needs to begin soon for the good of our nation and the men and women still serving in harm’s way. It is up to the Administration to fashion a plan which can win the support of the American people and its congressional representatives. As we approach the Fiscal Year 2010 budget, this will be a key element of our continued review of this matter.”
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                        a 460 bed prison in hardin, montana wants em.

i'd cut & paste a link from one of the area's april newspaper issues, but i recently and reluctantly switched from my beloved blackberry to an iphone (from which i am posting) and for whatever incomprehensible reason, apple did not see fit to allow that very basic ability. sigh.

here's the story link
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Google up Jesse Ventura/waterboarding and watch him speak on this very subject.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                            Google up Jesse Ventura/waterboarding and watch him speak on this very subject.
                            Here’s an appearance last week by former Gov. Ventura on The View™ where he debates Elizabeth Hasselbeck on waterboarding and GitMo.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                              Here’s an appearance last week by former Gov. Ventura on The View™ where he debates Elizabeth Hasselbeck on waterboarding and GitMo.
                              Did Jesse The Body Ventura put Elizabeth Hasselbeck in a figure 4 leg lock in the squared circle? She had to give up because she couldn't reached the rope or turnbuckle to get a timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                John McCain says waterboarding is torture.

I don't know about anyone else, but AFAIAC, John McCain's POW background makes his view of the matter worth a million times more than the opinion of some loser contestant on Survivor.
                                Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 25, 2009, 03:38 AM.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X