KGMB "Sunrise" Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB "Sunrise" Apology

Right before signing off at 8 a.m. today, Steve Uyehara had to apologize for a comment he made that had offended some viewers. I missed hearing the comment. What did Steve say? He seemed quite embarassed.

Re: KGMB "Sunrise" Apology

Could this be like a radio station promo that will try to bring in more listeners to tune in to the station in order to find out what the disc jockey said that was offensive?
    Why didn't the KGMB poster on this board write in with an explanation of what happened or do they want to keep you in suspense?
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; January 26, 2009, 08:46 PM. Reason: add

Comment

It seems to me that if he said something and you were offended by what you heard, the apology was for you. If you didn't, the apology wasn't for you, so why would the station want to repeat the offense?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks Scriv! You said exactly what I was thinking...........
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know. There are a lot of views for just a few replies on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Inquiring minds want to know. There are a lot of views for just a few replies on this thread.
            ==================================
            It seems to me that if you are talking to THOUSANDS of people on a LIVE show 2.5 hours per day, 5 days a week, sooner or later you are going to say SOMETHING offensive to SOMEBODY. Let it go.....get a life.
            Last edited by DNR55; January 28, 2009, 02:40 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
              ==================================
              It seems to me that if you are talking to THOUSANDS of people on a LIVE show 2.5 hours per day, 5 days a week, sooner or later you are going to say SOMETHING offensive to SOMEBODY. Let it go.....get a life.
              Then, it's okay for a broadcaster to say something racist, sexist, or an offensive statement against a group of people on the air. Instead of stating an apology for the offensive remark, he says, "let it go, get a life." You're a better person than me. if you wouldn't be upset when the statement was made against the group you're in.

Comment

I completely agree with you.
                n'importe

Comment

As someone who has to write for "the masses" every day, you'd be surprised at what people take offense to, and what they don't take offenses to.
                  Burl Burlingame
                  "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                  honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Then, it's okay for a broadcaster to say something racist, sexist, or an offensive statement against a group of people on the air. Instead of stating an apology for the offensive remark, he says, "let it go, get a life." You're a better person than me. if you wouldn't be upset when the statement was made against the group you're in.
                    ================
                    No, it's not ok for a broadcaster to offend people, thus the apology that was made. My statement, "Let it go....get a life" is directed to people who have a morbid curiousity to find out about the gory details after the fact. Consider this, if it was THAT big an issue, we would have heard about and Steve would be off the air. So therefore I conclude that it is not worth pursuing.

Comment

Give me back the 60's when TV personel wore their gun to the show...

Everything is so fake and PC today that I'm surprised there isn't a pre-emptive appologetic spot every 5 mins. on radio or a crawl on TV to appease some of the oversensetives that have nothing better to do than always complain and ruin it all for everyone else.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Give me back the 60's when TV personel wore their gun to the show...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        the oversensetives that have nothing better to do than always complain and ruin it all for everyone else.
                        Darn those jerks who refuse to tolerate racist, sexist, or lewd remarks.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Could Steve's apology be for the fact that he LOVES Kevin Federline???

hahaha! I would be red and embarrassed after saying that too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY4DWAzO9NQ

Comment

Steve's a good guy, so I'm pretty sure whatever he said was unintentional.

That said, what did he say? I'm living on the mainland now and am just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
                              [...]That said, what did he say?[...]
                              I think that's still the $64,000. question! Whatever it was he said it on the Jan. 26 show so that let's out the KFed quip. I'm curious, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X