Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Yeah, I did! I find almost all the postings on HT funny if not absurd.......including yours truly!
    Actually, I feel rather silly now. I mean, I posted a tweet that was obviously a joke (well, obvious to most, considering its author's name), but FM topped me with a much more subtle form of humor.

Posting a tale from biblical times and referring to its details as "facts" - now THAT is real humor!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Apples and oranges.

Abraham conceived his eldest child (Ishmael) with his Egyptian slave (Hagar)..... but with the full knowledge and consent of his wife, Sarah. As a matter of fact, it was Sarah's idea to use Hagar as a surrogate as she thought (at the time) that she was too old to bear a child for her husband.
      Naw, it's quite obvious the writer was just covering for Abraham's philandering (It's a story, not history). Bananas in both cases.
      Last edited by salmoned; May 27, 2011, 11:38 AM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        So there was quite a bit more than an isolated fling with a house keeper. No wonder Maria is furious. The guy was an utter jerk.
        Like I said... and got utterly flamed for.
        Boys tend to act like boys. It's a biological survival imperative.

That doesn't make us less 'jerks,' it shows we haven't evolved beyond our now-unnecessary biology. (i.e., we don't need more people on the planet!)
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          But the bottom line, FM, is that I really don't give a whit whether or not you feel my posts live up to your particular moral standards, or personal b.s. meter, or whatever drives your sense of judgment.

Have all the arguments you like about it with yourself; your style of trolling for flames doesn't interest me.
          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Actually, I feel rather silly now. I mean, I posted a tweet that was obviously a joke (well, obvious to most, considering its author's name), but FM topped me with a much more subtle form of humor.

Posting a tale from biblical times and referring to its details as "facts" - now THAT is real humor!
          While someone works himself out of a self-inflicted tizzy,....

Ahhh-nold is reportedly being investigated by the California AG's office amid allegations that he may have used the state police force to cover-up his extramarital affairs while he was the governor. And (yawn!) another woman has come forth with stories about a steamy affair with Schwarzie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5WAT...layer_embedded

Me thinks Gigi Goyette is just looking to cash in on 15 minutes of fame that her showbiz career did not give her.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

"Jerk"...I do think it applies in this case. An isolated fling, even one or two, is one thing, but habitually is just wrong, it obviously endangers the marriage, it obviously will hurt the children who are about as innocent in this mess as its possible to be. It was reckless and cruel and selfish and childish. Yes men are wired to spread the DNA around, we know that, we accept that, its true of most males of most species, but we have our phase of sewing our wild oats, then we settle down and many of us become Fathers, a role that requires loving attentiveness to the growing flesh of our loins that relies upon us for very existence. I don't blame Maria for kicking the bum out. I always disagreed with Arnold politically but respected him as a human being (which you might have noticed, I never did regarding gw bush...like he could ever care) and these allegations of betrayal of his wife and the flesh of his loins are so bad I can't respect him as a human being, as a man, certainly not as a father. Shame, disgrace.

Comment

"Jerk"...I do think it applies in this case. An isolated fling, even one or two, is one thing, but habitually is just wrong, [...]
              Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up. My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
              I don't blame Maria for kicking the bum out.[...]
              IIRC, she didn't kick him out...or maybe she did and he refused to leave. She left the mansion and has apparently been looking to buy a condo for several months.

Comment

Where is the National Organization of Women on this one? They were all over Clarence Thomas but significantly abscent here and in Bill Clinton's case!

Definately politically motivated this NOW organization.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yes men are wired to spread the DNA around, we know that, we accept that, its true of most males of most species, but we have our phase of sewing our wild oats, then we settle down and many of us become Fathers, a role that requires loving attentiveness to the growing flesh of our loins that relies upon us for very existence.
                  Perhaps you are right Lopeti, but it all comes down to personal responsibility. Regardless of what my "impulses" tell me, I am (we all are) responsibile for ourselves. That conscience is what should set us apart from common animals. Here in Cabo I see adults who are apparently the result of a liason by tourists with one of the local "hostesses." Maria, who is one of our gardeners, is about 35 years old and half black. There is no need to talk about her lineage, it is apparent. She is a wonderful person and good mother to her fatherless son. I could not participate in promiscuous unprotected sex knowing that I might father a child and then abandon them by going back to my life "back home." I love my children, and I know who each one of them are, and I support and protect them.

Ahnuld is a low life and deserves no respect.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
                  Tutu, I hear you and we are on the same page. However, there are many who are comfortable in an "open marriage" (matapule and uaifi are not one of those). I can think of Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. If that kind of marriage works for them, then more power to them.

Blessed Be, Tutu.
                  Last edited by matapule; May 27, 2011, 03:51 PM.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up.
                    My goodness! Finally, a voice of sanity and reason on this situation.

Once upon a time, this would have been the opinion of the American majority. But a decade into the 21st century, I dunno. People are now being conditioned to make a distinction between 1 or 2 "isolated" flings (that's not so bad) vs. rampant womanizing a la Arnold and Tiger (ok, now THAT'S bad).

And yes. If you're a male, then it is somehow hardwired into your DNA to go "a wanderin'." Woah! Since when did they start handing out bachelors degrees in genetics out of Cracker Jack boxes?

Getting back to Arnold,.... it will be interesting to see how this impacts his future. Even without this scandal, he really didn't have many options as far as political advancement was concerned. What most people were looking forward to was whether or not the man would be able to make a comeback as an action movie star. Fathering an illegitimate child and breaking up his family,... I don't think the studios will be too eager to finance a movie starring a man whose reputation is now mud. Arnold's probably going to have to lay low, have this scandal/divorce play out, and wait for public sentiment to soften before he gets back to show biz. That could take awhile. Maybe several years.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 27, 2011, 04:14 PM.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      [...]
                      Tutu, I hear you and we are on the same page. However, there are many who are comfortable in an "open marriage" (matapule and uaifi are not one of those). I can think of Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. If that kind of marriage works for them, then more power to them.

Blessed Be, Tutu.
                      I knew to mention open relationships but was too lazy!!! Possibly "open marriage" means something a bit different to the 2 of us. To me it means the couple agree *up front* that each can fling to their hearts content! Or, something close! You named 3 presidential couples as examples. My guess is that each stayed together out of political necessity; if they'd been normal, working couples they might have all ended up in divorce court. I remember Hillary being very unhappy. I still wonder if the Clintons had returned to private life, might they have not stayed together. But, HC jumped into the political forefront where it's just not good politics to split up.
                      [...] I don't think the studios will be too eager to finance a movie starring a man whose reputation is now mud. Arnold's probably going to have to lay low, have this scandal/divorce play out, and wait for public sentiment to soften before he gets back to show biz. That could take awhile. Maybe several years.
                      Hollywood is quick to forgive if there's money to be made. A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get.

Arnold's problem isn't just that he cheated on his wife. He cheated on a member of one of America's most beloved families. It shouldn't make a difference as cheating on a wife is enough. But Maria is untarnished and much respected. And, a Kennedy.

Comment

He probably thought that the title of Mr.Universe was to spread his seed.

Comment

Hollywood is quick to forgive if there's money to be made.
                          True, but it remains to be seen as to the full extent of damage this scandal will have on the ex-governor's reputation. Even now, the dirty laundry and allegations continue to dribble out, one after the other. And if the divorce proceedings get nasty,....

Arnold's problem isn't just that he cheated on his wife. He cheated on a member of one of America's most beloved families. It shouldn't make a difference as cheating on a wife is enough. But Maria is untarnished and much respected. And, a Kennedy.
                          Certainly, the Kennedys do have their admirers. But what disturbs me the most about this affair is this: Arnold didn't father an out-of-wedlock child with someone he met out on the street or at some nightclub. He did it with a dependent employee. A subordinate. Already, this conjures up disgusting images of Arnold abusing his position of power to pressure and coerce his maid into having sex with him. Even if Arnold claims the affair was consensual, believe you me, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt if Mildred Baena says otherwise.

Comment

The Kennedy family has it's own share of cheating, this time however the tables have turned on one of their own. Not Maria's fault, however it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
                              The vast majority of mature Americans know the whole Kennedy history, foibles, warts, and all, and will always maintain them in at least somewhat high regard. It's, of course, the hate radio congloms that perpetuate resentment against them amongst the sad few, mainly harping on Ted/Mary Jo, and we know why.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

True, but it remains to be seen as to the full extent of damage this scandal will have on the ex-governor's reputation.[...]
                                Ah, but you lopped off my quote to exclude: "A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get." This will allow for additional "breaking news"!!! I'm not saying a production will test the waters like that, just that it's an option. Personally. I wouldn't see an Arnold movie regardless of his reputation. But a lot of people would and will and some just because of this mess he's in.
                                Even if Arnold claims the affair was consensual, believe you me, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt if Mildred Baena says otherwise.
                                And we know what her lawyer will advise!
                                Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                The Kennedy family has it's own share of cheating, this time however the tables have turned on one of their own. Not Maria's fault, however it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
                                My point was that Maria, who is a Kennedy, is untarnished. The men in the family are not. Still, it's been a lotta years so the Kennedy "taint" has softened.

Comment

Working...
                                X