Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalalau View Post
    "Jerk"...I do think it applies in this case. An isolated fling, even one or two, is one thing, but habitually is just wrong, [...]
    Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up. My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
    I don't blame Maria for kicking the bum out.[...]
    IIRC, she didn't kick him out...or maybe she did and he refused to leave. She left the mansion and has apparently been looking to buy a condo for several months.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Where is the National Organization of Women on this one? They were all over Clarence Thomas but significantly abscent here and in Bill Clinton's case!

    Definately politically motivated this NOW organization.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalalau View Post
    Yes men are wired to spread the DNA around, we know that, we accept that, its true of most males of most species, but we have our phase of sewing our wild oats, then we settle down and many of us become Fathers, a role that requires loving attentiveness to the growing flesh of our loins that relies upon us for very existence.
    Perhaps you are right Lopeti, but it all comes down to personal responsibility. Regardless of what my "impulses" tell me, I am (we all are) responsibile for ourselves. That conscience is what should set us apart from common animals. Here in Cabo I see adults who are apparently the result of a liason by tourists with one of the local "hostesses." Maria, who is one of our gardeners, is about 35 years old and half black. There is no need to talk about her lineage, it is apparent. She is a wonderful person and good mother to her fatherless son. I could not participate in promiscuous unprotected sex knowing that I might father a child and then abandon them by going back to my life "back home." I love my children, and I know who each one of them are, and I support and protect them.

    Ahnuld is a low life and deserves no respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
    Tutu, I hear you and we are on the same page. However, there are many who are comfortable in an "open marriage" (matapule and uaifi are not one of those). I can think of Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. If that kind of marriage works for them, then more power to them.

    Blessed Be, Tutu.
    Last edited by matapule; May 27th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  4. #54

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up.
    My goodness! Finally, a voice of sanity and reason on this situation.

    Once upon a time, this would have been the opinion of the American majority. But a decade into the 21st century, I dunno. People are now being conditioned to make a distinction between 1 or 2 "isolated" flings (that's not so bad) vs. rampant womanizing a la Arnold and Tiger (ok, now THAT'S bad).

    And yes. If you're a male, then it is somehow hardwired into your DNA to go "a wanderin'." Woah! Since when did they start handing out bachelors degrees in genetics out of Cracker Jack boxes?

    Getting back to Arnold,.... it will be interesting to see how this impacts his future. Even without this scandal, he really didn't have many options as far as political advancement was concerned. What most people were looking forward to was whether or not the man would be able to make a comeback as an action movie star. Fathering an illegitimate child and breaking up his family,... I don't think the studios will be too eager to finance a movie starring a man whose reputation is now mud. Arnold's probably going to have to lay low, have this scandal/divorce play out, and wait for public sentiment to soften before he gets back to show biz. That could take awhile. Maybe several years.
    Last edited by Frankie's Market; May 27th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    [...]
    Tutu, I hear you and we are on the same page. However, there are many who are comfortable in an "open marriage" (matapule and uaifi are not one of those). I can think of Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. If that kind of marriage works for them, then more power to them.

    Blessed Be, Tutu.
    I knew to mention open relationships but was too lazy!!! Possibly "open marriage" means something a bit different to the 2 of us. To me it means the couple agree *up front* that each can fling to their hearts content! Or, something close! You named 3 presidential couples as examples. My guess is that each stayed together out of political necessity; if they'd been normal, working couples they might have all ended up in divorce court. I remember Hillary being very unhappy. I still wonder if the Clintons had returned to private life, might they have not stayed together. But, HC jumped into the political forefront where it's just not good politics to split up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    [...] I don't think the studios will be too eager to finance a movie starring a man whose reputation is now mud. Arnold's probably going to have to lay low, have this scandal/divorce play out, and wait for public sentiment to soften before he gets back to show biz. That could take awhile. Maybe several years.
    Hollywood is quick to forgive if there's money to be made. A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get.

    Arnold's problem isn't just that he cheated on his wife. He cheated on a member of one of America's most beloved families. It shouldn't make a difference as cheating on a wife is enough. But Maria is untarnished and much respected. And, a Kennedy.

  6. #56

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    He probably thought that the title of Mr.Universe was to spread his seed.

  7. #57

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Hollywood is quick to forgive if there's money to be made.
    True, but it remains to be seen as to the full extent of damage this scandal will have on the ex-governor's reputation. Even now, the dirty laundry and allegations continue to dribble out, one after the other. And if the divorce proceedings get nasty,....

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Arnold's problem isn't just that he cheated on his wife. He cheated on a member of one of America's most beloved families. It shouldn't make a difference as cheating on a wife is enough. But Maria is untarnished and much respected. And, a Kennedy.
    Certainly, the Kennedys do have their admirers. But what disturbs me the most about this affair is this: Arnold didn't father an out-of-wedlock child with someone he met out on the street or at some nightclub. He did it with a dependent employee. A subordinate. Already, this conjures up disgusting images of Arnold abusing his position of power to pressure and coerce his maid into having sex with him. Even if Arnold claims the affair was consensual, believe you me, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt if Mildred Baena says otherwise.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    The Kennedy family has it's own share of cheating, this time however the tables have turned on one of their own. Not Maria's fault, however it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  9. #59

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
    The vast majority of mature Americans know the whole Kennedy history, foibles, warts, and all, and will always maintain them in at least somewhat high regard. It's, of course, the hate radio congloms that perpetuate resentment against them amongst the sad few, mainly harping on Ted/Mary Jo, and we know why.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    True, but it remains to be seen as to the full extent of damage this scandal will have on the ex-governor's reputation.[...]
    Ah, but you lopped off my quote to exclude: "A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get." This will allow for additional "breaking news"!!! I'm not saying a production will test the waters like that, just that it's an option. Personally. I wouldn't see an Arnold movie regardless of his reputation. But a lot of people would and will and some just because of this mess he's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Even if Arnold claims the affair was consensual, believe you me, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt if Mildred Baena says otherwise.
    And we know what her lawyer will advise!
    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    The Kennedy family has it's own share of cheating, this time however the tables have turned on one of their own. Not Maria's fault, however it wasn't Arnold that tainted the Kennedy name it already was.
    My point was that Maria, who is a Kennedy, is untarnished. The men in the family are not. Still, it's been a lotta years so the Kennedy "taint" has softened.

  11. #61

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Ah, but you lopped off my quote to exclude: "A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get." This will allow for additional "breaking news"!!! I'm not saying a production will test the waters like that, just that it's an option. Personally. I wouldn't see an Arnold movie regardless of his reputation. But a lot of people would and will and some just because of this mess he's in.
    We'll just have to wait and see on that.

    Speaking on whether or not people would pay to watch the movie, just to see how a disgraced actor is doing,.... The Beaver has stumbled out of the gate at the box office. Apparently, not a whole lot of people are interested in gawking at the train wreck named Mel Gibson.

    As devastating as the audio tapes of Gibson swearing and ranting were, me thinks that allegations of Arnold being a sexual predator are worse. How is he going to take on the part of heroic figures, if you have feminists picketing his premiere, lambasting him with rapist accusations? How can he take part in light-hearted comedies like Kindergarten Cop, for that matter? The only thing that would be left for him are movies where he plays the villain.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    You're right, FM. We'll just have to wait and see. Everything else is just conjecture. But it's kinda fun to...conjecturize!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,932

    Thumbs down Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    And yes. If you're a male, then it is somehow hardwired into your DNA to go "a wanderin'." Woah! Since when did they start handing out bachelors degrees in genetics out of Cracker Jack boxes?
    I guess that's meant as an insult to Kalalau. I thought you encouraged "Polite discussion of difference of opinion...." The above is not a polite comment.

    It's not even an accurate representation of what Kalalau said, "men are wired to spread the DNA around," is not the same as 'hardwired into your DNA.' If you were referring to Kalalau, you got it wrong.

    In any case, it hardly requires a B.A. in genetics; paying attention in high school biology class is adequate. (Of course in high school we were more interested in applied biology....) In fact just observing human nature world-wide is adequate demonstration of the fact. There's plenty of evidence out there if you'd care to do the research.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; May 28th, 2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Accuracy counts!
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,932

    Lightbulb Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up. My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
    Sue, you are right on, but we need a couple side-notes.

    If you choose a committed relationship and fidelity, it's wrong to cheat, period. It's a lie and a betrayal. People can be forgiven, though, and "go, and sin no more!" If they can commit to that, it can become a strong relationship. Everybody makes mistakes - some hurt more than others.

    Ultimately, one partner or the other must decide: forgive? separate? divorce? execution? (I was going to say 'just kidding,' but some more backward cultures condone that.)

    If it's an open relationship, where both partners agree to it, then it's not infidelity.

    Not all adults are mature, and not everyone understands themselves well enough to make a commitment they cannot later keep. In that case, they should respect their partner enough to own up and take the consequences.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    [...]
    If it's an open relationship, where both partners agree to it, then it's not infidelity.[...]
    Agreed. I touched on that in post #55. And, I have friends who fit into that category. It's those, male or female, who willfully and wantonly betray a person to whom they've made a commitment that I refer to in post #51.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna
    Posts
    8,415

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    ...it's been a lotta years so the Kennedy "taint" has softened.
    Softened but the damage is everlasting.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever I am, I'm there
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Softened but the damage is everlasting.
    Nothing is "everlasting."
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

    People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

  18. #68

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Nothing is "everlasting."
    Open Up Your Eyes,
    Then You'll Realize,
    Here I Stand with My,
    Everlasting Love.

  19. #69

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy


  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kahalu`u Stream
    Posts
    2,932

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Boring.
    Old news,
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

  21. #71

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Boring.
    Old news,
    Hear me now. Believe me later.
    And then eats a sausage.

  22. #72

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Hear me now. Believe me later.
    And then eats a sausage.
    http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/arn...tory?gt1=43001

  23. #73

    Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •