Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on Hon Adv: troops return after 15 months

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING01/90127052

The Honolulu Advertiser website is running this story as its headline right now. I'm glad the troops are back safe, but look at the photo that accompanies that story and read the caption.

It's a picture of one of the soldiers returning after 15 months in Iraq, and he's kissing his pregnant wife's stomach.

Re: Article on Hon Adv: troops return after 15 months

Yeah, I noticed that too. However, lets just assume that he got to come home on leave...........and leave it at that.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
      http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING01/90127052

It's a picture of one of the soldiers returning after 15 months in Iraq, and he's kissing his pregnant wife's stomach.
      Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      Yeah, I noticed that too. However, lets just assume that he got to come home on leave...........and leave it at that.
      Soldiers come home for R&R. No surprises at all. Congratulations to the happy couple and All the returning Stryker Soldiers. I'm waiting for mine to come home soon!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah, when my brother was deployed to Iraq, he spent a week of R&R here, but how many people know soldiers can do that? They should explain that in the article. I just thought it was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
          Yeah, when my brother was deployed to Iraq, he spent a week of R&R here, but how many people know soldiers can do that? They should explain that in the article. I just thought it was funny.
          I would bet the majority of the population knows our soldiers take R&R leave.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
          X