Your favorite candies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite candies

Most of the candies I liked when I was younger have changed their formulations, so they don't do for me what they used to - such as Butterfinger bars or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. But I still like them. P.B. seems to be a favorite ingredient of mine, as I also like the p.b. M&M's.

Cinnamon is another favorite flavor, so I am fond of Red Hots (the little "cinnamon imperials"), Hot Tamales and cinnamon Mentos. Used to like grape-flavored candy, too. I still eat Necco Wafers from time to time. Been enjoying dark chocolates with cayenne pepper in them recently.

Never was a fan of candies with any kind of nuts when I was a kid - now I'm okay with some (especially toffee with little bits of almond); can't abide coconut at all. Don't like watermelon or apple flavors either.

Comment

Hellllloooo!
      You folks take a close look at Mike Lowery's original post (picture). I don't think he was actually asking about your favorite candy.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Hellllloooo!
        You folks take a close look at Mike Lowery's original post (picture). I don't think he was actually asking about your favorite candy.
        <snicker>...pun intended!!!
        I find it so funny that the perception of this thread's subject is such a 180 from ML's intent...and how long it took me to get it!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          <snicker>...pun intended!!!
          I find it so funny that the perception of this thread's subject is such a 180 from ML's intent...and how long it took me to get it!
          Nawwwww, I really wanted to know what's everyone's favorite candies. I like Reese's peanut butter cups.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            so I am fond of..................and cinnamon Mentos..
            LL, what about Gummi Cinnamon Bears?

As I recall, a certain WhiteHouse intern liked to eat Gummi Lighthouses and then pop a Mento in her mouth after. She said it made the experience......"more memorable!"
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Lindt.

I don't eat sweets so often, so it's not a major expenditure.

Comment

Hellllooooooo back...we got it! But it's still fun to talk about something other than THAT! Ha! (We need something lighter after the poll about how to wipe...........)

Comment

Hellllloooo!
                  Reread my "nuts" comment in the context of my "getting" it. We're along for the joke, y'see.

Comment

Hellllloooo!
                    I think most of us "got" it, but I don't think that you got that we got it.

But this original post is like the guest you invite to Thanksgiving Dinner and belches, you just have to ignore it and change the subject.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

hi this is sansei and i once used to like red ginger seed's from the yick lung company only year's later,since my dr in this time that he has me tested for diabete's so im not able to eat sweet's only i do enjoy sugar free cookie's murray's sugar free cookie's it's yum!

well thank's for your time

Comment

Which way did he go?

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post

He went thataway!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          But this original post is like the guest you invite to Thanksgiving Dinner and belches, you just have to ignore it and change the subject.
                          HaHaHa!
                          And we're all getting pretty good at it too!
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Ha ha ha ha! Too funny, Mike.

OOOH Candy! That got my attention. Now we're talkin'.

Well, this has to be the top three for me: choco covered macadamia nuts, Almond Joy, and Hershey Bar with almonds.... an obvious theme here is chocolate with nuts. YUM!

Leo is right; they have changed the formulation of all my old favorite candies.

One of the most perfect foods ever created (all the food groups!), Hostess Snow Balls... that recipe has really gone downhill, especially the coconut marshmallowy outer coating. Ah, but I digress.

Comment

HA! I bought a friend of mine some, uh, gummy "lighthouses" for her bachelorette party. Only they were NOT lighthouses. She ended up tossing them in a box under her bed, only to have her (much) younger sister find them and start chowing down on them a few weeks later. She was too young to know what they were, but we were laughing so hard, we were crying. And we had to tell her she could only eat them in my friend's room!

I like 3 Musketeer's, Milky Ways, Peanut Butter Cups, and every once in a while, M&M's. Ooh, and those Hershey Kisses Truffles. Some of the flavors are pretty ono.

PS- I especially like the red lighthouse on the package in the picture. He's very proud of himself, isn't he?
                              Last edited by surlygirly; February 2, 2009, 08:56 PM. Reason: PS

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                Gummy lighthouses are grrrreat

I am sorry , I had to do a double take on this one .

I just thought it was one of those really special gummy candies things (when I clicked on this page thread).lol.

Not to gross you out, or anything, but, you know...

if you look at this picture from a distance (especially when they are laid down on the side & NOT pointing up), what do you see?. lol.
                                Aches & Pains
                                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                                X