Super Bowl XLIII Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLIII Commercials

According to the AP, NBC sold out all the Super Bowl ads for a record $206 million in revenue, while each 30 second spot sold for between $2.4 to $3 million buckarooz.

Kick-off is just around the corner, so let us know what you thought of these companies' hard-spent money in an effort to attract us to buy their products and/or services.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Super Bowl XLIII Commercials

Wow. Jennifer Hudson absolutely ACED the National Anthem. I shed a tear, I gotta' admit. She had great composure. Just incredible.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

That version was even better that Whitney Houston's from some years ago. It was, do I dare say - beautiful!

Favorite commerical so far is Doritos where the guy throws the snow globe at the chips machine...............then his friend throws it.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Jennifer Hudson absolutely ACED the National Anthem. I shed a tear, I gotta' admit. She had great composure. Just incredible.
        Ditto to each of those four sentences.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

As usual, the Budweiser ads with the Clydesdales are great, and so was the Bridgestone ad with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. I liked Castrol's grease monkeys ad, but so far my favorite was the pet adoption ad by the dog food company whose name I forgot.
          Ooh, they just now showed a new E-Trade spot with that talking baby that TutuSue liked. Cute.

Comment

Springsteen ROCKED!!!

Comment

AHhhhhh! The Super Bowl! Best time go beach!

Empty beaches, just like old days.

Oops, wrongo! No GUYS!!!!! Plenty Chicks!!!!!!!

Ah. I'm married to my soul-mate, and happier than... uh, you know... ka pua`a in da kine...

But, For thosre of us who consider the human form as ART!.....

I'm in an art show.....

While other, less aware, are focusing on pigs, or at least pigskin....

"Hi girls! You sure are looking good today. Where's your lesser half? What's that? TV?? Football???? WHAT LOSERS!

Hey, come on over here and have a glass of wine.... Now, what's your name?"
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

You can view any or all of the SuperBowl commercials at http://www.hulu.com/superbowl .

Comment

Well I'll be darned. Just found out Jennifer Hudson lip-synched the National Anthem at yesterday's game to a previously-recorded track.

Music director Ricky Minor told the Associated Press...

Minor explained that he insisted that both Hudson and Faith Hill, who performed "America the Beautiful" before Hudson, sing to the prerecorded tracks the NFL requires them to submit a week before the game.

"That's the right way to do it," Minor said. "There's too many variables to go live. I would never recommend any artist go live, because the slightest glitch would devastate the performance.
                  Bruce Springsteen sang live though. Thankfully with no "wardrobe malfunctions".
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Bruce Springsteen sang live though. Thankfully with no "wardrobe malfunctions".
                    You mean thankfully for us guys. I'm not so sure about the girls, though.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Not for the Comcast subscribers in Tucson, AZ.

WARNING: ONLY READ THE STORY. DO NOT CLICK ON THE VIDEO, INCLUDES NUDITY.
                      http://gizmodo.com/5144199/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                        That's a hard one to judge.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post

WARNING: ONLY READ THE STORY. DO NOT CLICK ON THE VIDEO, INCLUDES NUDITY.
                          http://gizmodo.com/5144199/
                          That's NOT the Boss's junk.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            That's NOT the Boss's junk.
                            Though I was wondering if he hurt his after sliding into the camera at crotch level. My sympathies to the camera operator who probably has a black eye today - Bruce did look concerned after running into him. I also wonder about the job status of the guitar tech who caught the Strat at the start of the set - then nearly lost his balance into the stacks, in front of a national audience.

However, I did like the (was it Nextel?) ad, "If Roadies Ran the World."

Tutusue - the one-second spot was Miller Beer's, with their spokesman just saying, "High Life!"

Comment

According to the polls that were taken - the Doritos "crystal ball" commercial was the winner! I know it was my favorite. The commercial was made by non-pros at a cost of $2000. Frito Lay just gave them a prize of 1 MILLION Dollars!
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X