Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pregnancy

You are a total marvel. Liam my son (I delivered) and then the three girls weighed in at 7 pounds 3 ounces. Well done

Comment

It's A BOY!!

Gabriel Alexander
      Born August 4, 2009 at 3:58 PM EST
      8lbs-15oz, 20" Long

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3a1fQT1S6i...h/DSC_2355.JPG
      -kp!

Comment

As my Minnesotan friends would say: "Oh, fer CUTE!"

Congratulations, Kungpao!!! Right on the due date you revealed months ago, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
          It's A BOY!!

Gabriel Alexander
          Born August 4, 2009 at 3:58 PM EST
          8lbs-15oz, 20" Long

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3a1fQT1S6i...h/DSC_2355.JPG
          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          As my Minnesotan friends would say: "Oh, fer CUTE!"
          Or in good ol' Hawaii pidgin: "Ho, da CUTE!"

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Congratulations, Kungpao!!! Right on the due date you revealed months ago, too.
          I was thinking the same thing...

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
          I'm glad my wife doesn't follow this lol. She is hoping for around 7 lbs. We have a little bet, my guess is 7lbs 9oz. Her guess is 7lbs 4 oz. Closer without going over lol.
          Wow, Gabriel came in at almost NINE pounds!
          And you were both worried about your guesses being "over", hehheh.

Congratulations!!!
          To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Doin' the Happy Poopy Diaper dance!
            CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

What a sweet baby. Blessings to all, and lots of rest to everyone after all that WORK!

Comment

Congrats on you new little blanket bug!!

Comment

Ok, I mentioned it in the Photo Sharing Thread so here's my update. Long story so bear with me.

Our son was born on a Tuesday afternoon via c-section. We had gone in at 6 AM for my wife to begin the induction process. After receiving the maximum dosage of pitosin that they could give her, the doctor suggested she have a c-section because she wasn't having any contractions. The pitosin didn't do anything for her. So with a whirlwind of activity, we were in the O.R. and our son was brought into the world. Everything went well and we were on track and on schedule to come home Friday.

Late Thursday night, while I had been home to feed our animals, I received a call from the hospital saying that our son had stopped breathing momentarily and that my wife wanted me back there. Thankfully, we live 5 minutes from the hospital. I was there in 3.

Our son has this tendency to fall asleep while nursing. Normally, she just touched his cheek and he'd start nursing again. Apparently, he didn't start again and while she was trying to wake him, she noticed that he was turning blue. The NICU was down the hall from her room and after realizing that pressing the call button wasn't fast enough, she ran out into the hallway yelling for the nurse who met her half way and took him into the NICU. The told us later that sometime during that exchange, he had started breathing again but was visibly blue when the nurses got him.

He spend the that night and the following weekend being monitored and tested for what seemed like everything they could think of, but they couldn't find anything "wrong" with him. They told us he was very healthy and that it may have been a fluke incident and/or a developmental thing that he'd grow out of.

They finally let us take him home that following Monday with a monitor that watches his breathing and heartrate. If he stops breathing for longer than 20 seconds, the alarm goes off until he corrects himself. If his heartrate slows to 80 beats per minute, the alarm goes off till he corrects himself.

The drawback to the monitor is that if he breathes shallow, it sometimes doesn't meet the threshold for what the monitor thinks is a breath so it'll alarm even though he's breathing for that scenario.

Unfortunately for us, he shallow breathed for a while and we got to hear the alarm go off too many times for our comfort. The last time we heard it was August 23rd and we're hoping that he's pulling through the shallow breathing phase.

We've had zero alarms for heart rate. That is a very good thing. We are told he'll keep the monitor for 6 months or for as long as we can tolerate toting it around. My wife and I discussed it and we'll keep it a minimum of 3 months and if we don't have any recorded incidents after that, we'll re-assess.

Right now, things are doing really well with him!

BTW, if any of you want to see more pics than what i'm putting in my blog or here, PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to his wee-web account where I've posted pics and videos.
                  Attached Files
                  -kp!

Comment

Here's hoping that you are past this phase very soon, and that this whole scenario becomes just a little family tale that he gets to tell to his great-grandchildren...

Comment

Prayers and God's Mightest of Angels to protect your little one.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

May the Lord put his arms around that sweet child for protection.

Comment

Whatta beautiful little guy, KP. I'm amazed at how often that same breathing problem occurs. My cousin's grandchild, born 8/15, had the same problem. Two of my work colleagues, both with babies born this year, again, same problem. All of these babies spent extra time in the hospital. No other problems were found. All are doing just fine. Thank God.

Comment

Awww....cuuute! And all boy, he's taken over the remote already!

Comment

Well, I've been away on vacation, and lo and behold, this greets my return!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so thrilled for you, and he is darling!

I pray he will outgrow all of the breathing troubles; sounds like he is already coming along so well. One month tomorrow--how fast time goes by.

May the Lord bless him mightily, and you, too, as you raise him. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...beautiful boy"!!!

Comment

Thanks again everyone.

Yeah tutusue, it really is surprising. My wife took him to an apnea clinic at the big hospital close to us and there were a bunch of people there. The only thing was, all the other babies were preemies and G was a big baby.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Whatta beautiful little guy, KP. I'm amazed at how often that same breathing problem occurs. My cousin's grandchild, born 8/15, had the same problem. Two of my work colleagues, both with babies born this year, again, same problem. All of these babies spent extra time in the hospital. No other problems were found. All are doing just fine. Thank God.
                                -kp!

Comment

Working...
                                X