Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Law to ban lenghty tying of dogs

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Common sense are the key words for eliminating bans. Alohakine when you smoke common sense tells you to be put it out when smoke becomes an irritant to those within your proximity. That applies to everything we do, like not using the leaf blower at 5am, or quieting a barking dog.

Bans are put in place when common sense cannot be self-regulated and the law must step in.

Nobody likes to be told what they cannot do, but if we adhere to common sense the government wouldn't have to intervene. Common sense tells dog owners that they must get their dogs out for daily walks. Common sense tells smokers to put it out if the smoke is bothering those around them. Common sense says that if it's not bothering you, then let the guy smoke! It's his life not yours to regulate.
    I just don't believe a few bad owners should be allowed to ruin it for everybody. If the dog is disturbing the peace and causing noise pollution, isn't that already covered?

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
      I just don't believe a few bad owners should be allowed to ruin it for everybody.
      The intent of the law was to make sure that the "few bad owners" were forced to provide better conditions for their dogs: "The bill would make it a misdemeanor to tie a dog by chain, rope or other attachment to a doghouse, tree, fence or any other stationery object for more than three hours during a 24-hour period. Use of a running line, pulley or trolley system is among the exceptions." The "good dog owners" would not be affected, because the "good dog owners" already don't tie up their dog 24/7.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        Bravo! The more restrictive our laws, the less freedom we enjoy. That freedom, my friends, is the freedom to act in a manner inconsistent with what someone else deems 'common sense', reason or optimal behavior.
        I guess "freedom" is only important when it comes to humans. Never mind about freedom for dogs who are otherwise tied to a pole on a short chain 24/7. Heck, if canines had any feelings on the matter, then they would have made their opinions known on this forum, right?

Man's best friend? You betcha!
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X