Poor customer service at restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor customer service at restaurants

How about a new thread on poor service. Maybe they will read this and change their ways.

We used to eat at Lung Fung in Hawaii Kai. No more.
    When we first started to eat there, they had no customers at all. The owner would be sitting behind the counter with a long face. He would purk up when we walked through the door. Most of the time we were the only ones there.
    As he got more customers service got really slow. So bad we sometimes waited an hour to get the food.

Another is Duck Yuen in Niu Valley. Food comes faster, but you got to watch out for falling food and spilling water. When you get water. They will push you on the side to put plates down.

Anyone want to vent????

Re: Poor customer service

Vent? Yeah, I want to vent about poor customer service.....the United States government. First, everything about Bush and now Obama with his ill conceived stimulus and bailout packages.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Is the food good at that restaurant? How are the prices?
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is unfortunate that many businesses don't understand that customer service is their life's blood. Making no excuses, but big corporations have a had time because their infrastructure is so big and massive, but small companies should always do better. It really starts at the top -- if the boss or owner doesn't insist on good customer service, then that lack of focus pemeates the whole company. What a shame -- and then these businesses wonder why they went broke.

Comment

It all boils down to the owners/mgt. If they want good cust. service for their patrons, they will make sure it happens, 100%.

Reminds me of the morning I went into the Palolo McDonalds for a coupla bacon bicuits knowing all too well it would be the billionth excercise in drilling/grilling those behind the counter who usually can't even count..., when lo and behold, the mgr. was ON IT, making the experience a shocking eye opener/reminder on how to properly run a counter.

My first real job, 15 yrs. old, was at a JitB in LA. We were always busy but still kicked ass, with politness, efficiency, proficiency, etc. How come those for the past decades are so often pathetic at their easy jobs?
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Poor customer service at restaurants

Much as we complain about the poor English skills of those waiting on us at fastfooderies, those folks are generally busting their butts.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Most restaurant`s have cut back on staff, front and back house. Results, poor service and long wait for your food. Don`t expect any improvement until the economy gets better.
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                Most restaurant`s have cut back on staff, front and back house. Results, poor service and long wait for your food. Don`t expect any improvement until the economy gets better.
                A restaurant that has poor service and long waits for food probably will not be around long enough to see the economy get better.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Gyotaku has pretty good food. But we've had repeated experience of very slow service. Even when it's not that busy. That place is not high on our list.

If the service were prompt, then I'd have zero complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    A restaurant that has poor service and long waits for food probably will not be around long enough to see the economy get better.
                    Maybe, maybe nutt!!!
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Question 1. If you have gone to this sit-down style restaurant, and received poor service, but the food was delicious, would you go back?

I would. I would go back, hoping that the previous server had been let go. I tip even bad servers and bad food, but I tip high for great service. I'd give them a few more chances.

Question 2. How long is too long to wait for that delicious food, in your opinion?

I'd wait about an hour, and not longer, especially if I ordered a complex meal, or time-consuming dish. Which is about never.

Question 3. If it's a fast food joint, how long is too long?

I had a friend a while ago, and she must have thought every place was BK, and she could get it her own way... always made some complicated list of substitutions. I asked her why one time. She said it was so she could get a fresh order that hadn't been sitting around too long... ha ha, didn't she know that you don't irritate the kitchen staff or bad stuffs could happen to your food? It always took extra long to get our food, is she was around. Sheesh.

Comment

1) Maybe. There was a time Albert and I went to this restaurant called Marbella back in 2003. The day we went there was only one person serving all of the patrons (around 15 people or so). The food was alright but we waited kind of a long time. When we told of our experiences to other people they was kind of shocked saying that they had good service there. A few months later I went there again for lunch, again while the food was good, the service was a buffet. The place had closed down a couple of years ago.

2) It depends on what I am waiting for. I don't mind waiting for the time it takes to prepare the food after I order it. I do mind waiting a long time before someone comes over and takes the order.

3) Maybe about 5 to 8 minutes per person who has ordered before me.

Comment

Going to an IHOP when there are three other tables and waiting 45 minutes for two orders of eggs and pancakes is not acceptable in my opinion. This happened to us a few weeks ago. Of course we also had to wait ten minutes just to be seated because the host was rolling silverwear in full sight of us and didn't want to stop to do his primary job.

Now, waiting 45 min at a steakhouse? That's to be expected.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

After 15 mins. I would have already guzzled some syrups from the syrup caddy and cancelled my order, walking out quite happy.

I don't wait 45 mins no where unless there's plenty to distract and entertain me, plus knowing the food is killas.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

wow - i'm not quite sure what to say - thread speaks for itself

for some they work long hours (truth in that)
                              for some they want what they pay for (truth in that)

i completely understand how difficult it is to deal with different personalities when it comes to customer service wether you are the customer or the employee/employer restaurant owner etc. lord knows i've had my way with words at some of them....but i always go back or call to apologize...sometimes it is way too late...but i made the effort to at least apologize even it was or wasn't my fault

i tell myself they are either having a bad; not enough workers or just a plain diva with a tude

95% of the time I smile and I ask them if they are okay; or someone that was there before me pissed them off; tell them i have a gay discount card similar to a coupon if they are willing to take it.....a little joke helps once in awhile....if they look at me funny it's been a long day at work....if they laugh...usually helps along the way....majority of the time you can only do so much to put a smile on their faces...laughing at me or with me? doesn't really matter....i've somehow helped by releasing tension or stress....i leave them a huge tip...hoping it will help

for some they would give me that "who in the hell is this mahu" look

but a little laughter helps along the way

i had one waitress gal at a local restaurant at aloha tower ask me with an attitude.....are you always this friendly and comical...my answer was yes...why not? i'm a 34 year old fag...if i frown all the bloody time...just imagine the wrinkles that'll add on my big fat nose and face?

surely she came back - we chatted a bit - sure enough she had a bad day.....(yes that shouldn't in anyway allow the poor customer service part)

for some they just need someone to acknowledge them.....and for some it's just another tale to tell others at how ugly and poor their customer service is....

i personally believe it is just wasted energy at times

mahalo have a pleasant week

now waiting for service 45 minutes or over.....i just walk out with a smile and thank you
                              Last edited by Seeking Penance; February 10, 2009, 08:01 PM. Reason: i'm a bad speller..i should be punished with the whip..LOL...or sometimes i don't make sense - mahalo
                              stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                              X