Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Door to door church groups

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Is there a way to stop those door to door church people from coming to your house?????
    Getting them [which can be from a varity of churches/groups] to not knock usually can be avoided if you have a fully fenced yard. Outside of that, good luck!

But, getting them to go away is easy. Just explain that you are the "maid" or "butler", that the "boss" is not home, and you are not allowed to chat while on duty. No matter what sort of home you live in (fancy or plain), and no matter what clothes you have on (fancy or plain), just claim to be the maid/butler.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I just tell them "sorry, not interested" and close the door. Firm but polite.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        I just tell them "sorry, not interested" and close the door. Firm but polite.
        Uh-huh, that works, too. The to-the-point approach.

But saying you are the maid/butler throws a little humor into the rejection. Humor for the homeowner, that is, not the solicitor.

And, as we all know, not opening the door to strangers is safest, just talk through the door if it is in a closed position.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I was minding my own business, lying in bed on a Sunday morning. I was thinking of breakfast and how those sausages with their pepper taste would be next to the egg, bacon and black pudding,

The doorbell rang and two Jehovas witnesses stood there with their pamphlets.

Those of you who know me,,,,, will also know that I am an ex sailor and my hobby is cooking for friends and family.

Ex sailors have been versed in 'Offshore Language !'

Those people certainly got an earful from me >>>>> I'm Not Proud to say. !!!

Comment

Take off your clothes before you answer the door.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Take off your clothes before you answer the door.
              This also works for intruding MILs. For MILs that have their own key or insist upon entering without knocking, try to be engaged in sex with her son in a 'novel' place or position as she intrudes.

Comment

Move to Utah. Apparently, if you live here and are not already Mormon, they write you off as a lost cause.

Comment

I know, get a lot of dried ice by the door, put on a black cape, don some dracula fangs and fake blood, swing the door open and say real loud, "Bhwaa haa haa haaaaaa!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                    I know, get a lot of dried ice by the door, put on a black cape, don some dracula fangs and fake blood, swing the door open and say real loud, "Bhwaa haa haa haaaaaa!!!"
                    No thanks; I like to keep my home life and my work life separate.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                      This also works for intruding MILs. For MILs that have their own key or insist upon entering without knocking, try to be engaged in sex with her son in a 'novel' place or position as she intrudes.
                      Wouldn't it be less traumatic to change the locks?

Eh, I guess her son has an input to that decision...
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Instead of listening to them, try converting them to The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                          Wouldn't it be less traumatic to change the locks?

Eh, I guess her son has an input to that decision...
                          Desperate means call for desperate measures. Changing the locks would have causd trouble with Maman.

Comment

Lol. Door to door church groups are always coming 'round my way. And man! do they like to get familiar. Once they knocked on the door and my brother answered and he doesn't like to turn ppl away so he listened to them, they left and he thought that was the end of that.
                            Few days later we heard a knock on the door and someone call my bros name, it was like an informal knock like, you know a familiar, friendly knock. So we thought it was a family member or close friend, guess what? it was them lot!!lol!
                            So they continued to come back every few days, and my mum got tired of it, so she just explained to them that we were happy w/ our faith and weren't looking to change etc. and the guy was like "Mmmhm, Oh ok, Just let (My bro's name) know we stopped by."and left. The way he said it was like " we aint here for you anyway lady so move it along." LOL!
                            Took awhile but they ain't comin' around no more....well those particular ppl anyways....we got a few new ones on our backs right now!

Comment

One time, when the Jehova's Witnesses came to the door, I intentionally answered the door in my underware. When they asked if I would be interested in a copy of the Watchtower, I answered no. Without skipping a beat, he said, "I am also a representative for Nutri System, I know you should be interested in that!"...................I don't go to the door in my underware anymore.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

That made me laugh, Matapule!

Comment

Working...
                                X