This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 5

Sophie--I love your pics! DS wants to know if that is the Sadako Memorial; he just finished the book in school.

I bet there are a lot of photographers in Washington DC doing the same with the cherry blossoms there.

Looks like you had a pretty "crabby" day in the last pic!

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
      here are a few from my recent trip to Japan.
      Great shots, Sophielynette! Post more and tell us about Japan. The folded bird leis are amazing and the crab cabinet is interesting too. I've been at the Kona airport a lot lately and they have a recorded message in Japanese. It goes on and then at a certain point she says "Fats Domino" and continues from there. It makes me smile every time.

Comment

The first two of these are taken on the beach just to the left of the research/fishing pier past Waimanalo one night after work this week. The first is a high-dynamic-range treatment via Photomatix. It's over-the-top because I'm just learning how to do this process. Still, it makes for an interesting photo. The third was just a grab shot from the top of the parking garage at Ala Moana Shopping Center last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
          The first two of these are taken on the beach just to the left of the research/fishing pier past Waimanalo one night after work this week. The first is a high-dynamic-range treatment via Photomatix. It's over-the-top because I'm just learning how to do this process. Still, it makes for an interesting photo.
          Love 'em. So artsy.
          The third was just a grab shot from the top of the parking garage at Ala Moana Shopping Center last night.[...]
          The recently torched Buti Groove looks none the worse for wear! Probably looks quite different in daylight, tho'.

Comment

The first is a high-dynamic-range treatment via Photomatix. It's over-the-top because I'm just learning how to do this process. Still, it makes for an interesting photo.

Yes, very interesting. Looks kind of like a photo-realistic painting.

Comment

I really love the effect of the slow shutter speed on the waves, Jim. The retouched one reminds me of something you'd see on the cover of a fantasy novel.

Cyleet-- I can't remember the name of the memorial, all I know is that I found it in Ueno Park in Tokyo.

I've posted a lot more photos on my blog and I plan on doing something of a writeup on my trip there as soon as I can get back into a writing groove. But here are a few more photos, all taken with my iPhone.

These two were taken at the Jindai-Ji temple in Mitaka. My friends and I went there after we visited the Ghibli museum (which was amazing, but doesn't allow photos.)

These lanterns were outside the Senso-ji temple in Asakusa. There's an entire complex of streets lined with shops and food vendors. My hostel was not far from there and I ended up visiting on numerous occasions.

Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Excellent pics, SophieLynette! Great compositions. I particularly like the one of the paper lanterns. You're iPhone takes great photos. I'm guessing the ribbons on the fencing are prayer ties. You see things like that in photos from Nepal and Tibet, too. The Lakota Sioux in the Black Hills of South Dakota also offer prayer ties and tobacco ties on tree branches at sacred sites.

Comment

Haven't been to this thread in a few days and am always impressed with the new photos I see. I particularly like the "grab shot" from Ala Moana Shopping Center's parking garage. Nicely done Jim.

Of course I was at the FHB Auto Show this past weekend.

I have an entire set on the AutoShow posted at Flickr. I am still working on posting more photos to the set, so do check back for more photos this week. There were plenty of nice new and classic rides at the auto show.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Nice, Mel. Looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post

It's a Pink Darth Vader!!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                        It's a Pink Darth Vader!!
                        We all saw it in a similar way. I saw a smiling alien.

Comment

We all saw it in a similar way. I saw a smiling alien.
                          <sigh> I saw it as a memory from my youth!

Comment

Here's one of Kailua-Kona from a little North of Holualoa on the Big Island.

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                              I've posted a lot more photos on my blog and I plan on doing something of a writeup on my trip there as soon as I can get back into a writing groove.
                              I went to your blog and looked at your photos. Lots of great, interesting shots. My favorite is the one of the cat sitting in front of the mirror facing our right. Great expression. I'll go back and read when I have some reading energy, maybe this weekend.

Comment

Well, been a long time sine I have contributed here, but I have not been shooting lately...here are some from a reception tonight for a Global Warming committee : food content

3 Mushroom Tart w/ Brandied Candied Onion

Smoked Salmon w/ Chevre Mousse, and Chive all on Asiago Frico

Thai Chicken with Toasted Peanuts and Yogurt all in Mini Hydro-Bibb Cup
                                flickr

An email from God:
                                To: People of Earth
                                Date: 9/04/2007
                                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                                God

Comment

Working...
                                X