Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A slice of your life that you wish to share

Default Re: A slice of your life that you wish to share

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Hence my decades long ambition to invent the penogram...2 metal plates that act as a vice clamp! .
    Dream on Tutu! Nobody getting near matapule with a vice clamp! Matapule tink dere place foa you on Board of Directors of Lorena Bobbit School of Male Cosmetic Surgery.

After uaifi hav mamogram, matapule take uaifi out to dinner, massage uafi neck, make uaifi a strong one. Uaifi get all betta quick.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    My funny story is ........
    Matapule dated a girl once (not matapule's uaifi) who loved to tell this story in mixed company. Somehow a tampon got lost in the nether parts of her body, she didn't go into detail how, blessed be. She was going on a blind date that night, she was feeling uncomfortable, so she decided to go to the emergency room where a young intern fished it out. Her blind date that night?..........the young intern from the emergency room! Well it was embarrassing for both and they never dated again.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Uaifi is a very lucky woman. You're a good man, matapule. Still doesn't mean you're exempt from a penogram! Actually, when administered appropriately, and depending on the woman's condition, a mammogram causes discomfort rather than floor puking pain...and with no residual discomfort once the vice clamp is released!

Sorry you had to go thru your ordeal. I'll take a mammogram any day!

Mahalo plenty!!

(**wipes tears of laughter from cheeks**)

Matapule, I am sorry for your cystogram; and I wish you lots of "better living through chemistry" next time, mr. gurley man. but That Was Hilarious!! (P.S. the nurse should have encouraged you to use some anesthetic)

Peshkwe, loved the story with the poor PA! Isn't military medicine grand??

Susie--I was afraid your doctor was gonna warm that spec another way.

tutu--I hadda go thru a revisit with MORE COMPRESSION in May; the tech was great and worked with me and my tolerance level (read FEAR); she got what she wanted, finally, using the hand crank instead of the foot pedal (iykwim.)

this really brightened my morning; thanks for the funnies!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyleet99 View Post
    [...]tutu--I hadda go thru a revisit with MORE COMPRESSION in May; the tech was great and worked with me and my tolerance level (read FEAR); she got what she wanted, finally, using the hand crank instead of the foot pedal (iykwim.)
    Debbie used a combo of both; the foot pedal, then the hand crank. That made a big difference, afaic.

Aha...it took me a few minutes but I figured out what iykwim means!!! In all my online years, I'd not seen that before!
    this really brightened my morning; thanks for the funnies!!
    Laughter is, after all, the best medicine. Glad we could oblige...not that you needed medicine!

I never know what most forum abbreviations are, unless I google 'em, but one time a loooong time ago I saw that one, and it was faster at the moment.

Still gigglin'......pua matapule!! His third-person description and the way he wrote it was just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Matapule dated a girl once (not matapule's uaifi) who loved to tell this story in mixed company. Somehow a tampon got lost in the nether parts of her body, she didn't go into detail how, blessed be. She was going on a blind date that night, she was feeling uncomfortable, so she decided to go to the emergency room where a young intern fished it out. Her blind date that night?..........the young intern from the emergency room! Well it was embarrassing for both and they never dated again.
    Yup...that'd do it fo sho!

Quote Originally Posted by cyleet99 View Post

Peshkwe, loved the story with the poor PA! Isn't military medicine grand??

Ahhh....if you mean grand as a shortcut for Grand Inquisition....

HOOO you got that one right!!

Pasta Bread Bowls from Dominos are gooood! And with this post, I am now a Kumu!

Can't think of anything creative this time

My youngest (12yrs) did real good today.

She went in for a research study, a PET scan and an MRI. The neurology dept is trying to build a database of kids considered neurologically normal as a comparison pool for use with the tests of kids with seizure activity, autism, traumatic brain injury, fetal alcohol syndrome, etc.

They decide they want her in early for an IQ test, 10am. So she starts working on it and then they call her in for the PET scan at 2pm and they have to finish the IQ test after. Well the PET ends up taking three hours 'cause they can't find good veins to poke for the IV isotopes...and she hasn't eaten in all that time.

Finally it's done and she goes back to the test while I run to get her some food...it's math and she finishes all but the last 6 problems. She says she would have tried to do them but all she was thinking about was food so she quit.

Sara the IQ tester said that it was ok, that those problems were at the 9th grade level and she hadn't expected Amber to get as far as she did being she was just going to be entering 7th grade.

The PET scan tech said she was the best patient so far...that it's really hard for normal kids to keep absolutely still for that long.

The MRI after that was a lot easier being she got to wear goggles and watch a movie through them while the testing was going on...but they're going to send her a DVD with some of her scans on it so she can use it as a school project maybe...we got out of there at about 6:30pm.

Loooong day! But the youngest spawn done good.

My flight leaves in 3 hours on my way to northern and southern california for a family reunion. I am really excited!!! I've missed my family a whole lot....I will than make my way back home to the eastcoast (brooklyn) for a short visit....I've missed the stinky smell of the sewer, the outlets and most of all the rude people of brooklyn.

I've been home sick for a long while and I've missed home. I've missed my family especially *sighs*.

Have a pleasant week HT ohana.

Lomi
    Last edited by Seeking Penance; August 4th, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: go USC!!!
    stay forever young

Have a safe trip and when you get there lots of hugs!

Safe flight, SP! Have a fun ohana time!

I'm looking for the 'pet peeve' thread. I searched, and found one that was closed. Wasn't there an open one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharilyn View Post
    I'm looking for the 'pet peeve' thread. I searched, and found one that was closed. Wasn't there an open one?

Here ya go:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...t=peeve&page=3

Thank you, Peshkwe

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    My flight leaves in 3 hours on my way to northern and southern california for a family reunion.
    Lomi, matapule in SoCal righ now foa couple day. Sen matapule PM wiki wiki.

This thread is hillarious - and a bit troubling at the same time. I'm definitely going to avoid pears from now on.
    Last edited by HanaleiRay; August 20th, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HanaleiRay View Post
    This thread is hillarious - and a bit troubling at the same time. I'm definitely going to avoid pears from now on.
    This one is pretty good for laughs and troubling thoughts too:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...hlight=genital

oh my goodness - how did I miss that thread? I have to go wipe the tears from my eyes now from laughing! We've got some very witty & funny folks on here.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    This one is pretty good for laughs and troubling thoughts too:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...hlight=genital

I should tell you Peshkwe that I'm a bit stoic in nature and my sense of humor is very very dry. Although I was amused, I didn't crack a smile through that whole thread until I read your line about "blowing raspberries" ... then I lost it and couldn't stop laughing.

I'm making portuguese bean soup. I chopped some garlic and noticed teeny bugs in them, but I added them into the pot anyway. I think I'll just refrigerate the rest of the garlic... that'll kill the bugs. Gotta be frugal now!

I absolutely love this song.

Bobby Caldwell, What You Won't Do For Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jzY...eature=related

Bobby Caldwell ROCKS! He was in concert in Waikiki a few months ago and sang this song. By chance did you get to this concert, Sharilyn?

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Bobby Caldwell ROCKS! He was in concert in Waikiki a few months ago and sang this song. By chance did you get to this concert, Sharilyn?
    Oh, I wish! I live on Maui, and I can't remember the last time I flew to Honolulu for a concert. I did make special trips to see Cats and Phantom of the Opera. That was... 15 yrs ago?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast