Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Journey on Maui!

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
    well, just trying ticketmaster.com at the moment, and by the several attempts..it appears the tickets for blaisdell are sold out...

already, there is someone on the ticketmaster website selling a one (1) pair of tickets near the front of the stage for over $900.00!!!! Section CC yikes...

i'm thinking/hoping they'll have another one on saturday night...
    They already had people selling tickets on eBay, Craigslist and Ticketmaster marketplace soon after they bought their tickets. Some are asking ridiculous prices.

Comment

Tickets sold out on Oahu in less than 2 hours. Amazing the staying power fan-base of the locals, I think they did 5 shows at the NBC in 1983 during the Frontiers tour, they come back earlier this decade with a new lead singer, Steve Augeri (sp), who is no longer with the band, they sell out two or three shows then. They come back a few years later and I think sell out the arena, now with yet another lead singer they sell out. The local fans love the group, heck I'm not surprised if anyone sang for the group as long as its JOURNEY the fans will come out in droves.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
        Without Perry it's never Journey
        Forget about Steve Perry. It ain't Journey without Randy Jackson!

Without Randy, Journey sounds a bit pitchy, Dog.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Looks like a second Journey has been added for Blaisdell.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING05/90226108

Comment

Maui has been moved to Monday 3/23....

Comment

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
              Maui has been moved to Monday 3/23....
              I would think for logistics reasons they needed a day between each island's performances to ship and setup their equipment.

Comment

"well, just trying ticketmaster.com at the moment, and by the several attempts..it appears the tickets for blaisdell are sold out...

already, there is someone on the ticketmaster website selling a one (1) pair of tickets near the front of the stage for over $900.00!!!! Section CC yikes...

i'm thinking/hoping they'll have another one on saturday night..."

---------------------------
                Well, I tried again today at 9am..I thought about standing in line earlier this morning, but being lazy and it being cold and windy...i decided to take my chance on ticketmaster.com...

well...come 9am and I'm busy inputting the info into the ticketmaster.com website (as before 9am, the screen access was not there) ... and---out pops Section AA! What a rush...now it tells me that I have a few minutes to decide if I want it...so I type like a maniac...so I have 6 tickets in the AA section for Wednesday's show!!!! But yup.. you gotta count the extras they charge, like their $9.20 'convenience charge' per ticket.

You know...it kind of made me feel 'guilty' about those people standing in line about a few hundred yards away before they can finally make it to the window...

But anyway, I'm happy...

Comment

"well, just trying ticketmaster.com at the moment, and by the several attempts..it appears the tickets for blaisdell are sold out...

i'm thinking/hoping they'll have another one on saturday night..."

---------------------------
                  Well, I tried again today at 9am..I thought about standing in line earlier this morning, but being lazy and it being cold and windy...i decided to take my chance on ticketmaster.com...

well...come 9am and I'm busy inputting the info into the ticketmaster.com website (as before 9am, the screen access was not there) ... and---out pops Section AA! What a rush...now it tells me that I have a few minutes to decide if I want it...so I type like a maniac...so I have 6 tickets in the AA section for Wednesday's show!!!! But yup.. you gotta count the extras they charge, like their $9.20 'convenience charge' per ticket.

You know...it kind of made me feel 'guilty' about those people standing in line about a few hundred yards away before they can finally make it to the window...

But anyway, I'm happy...
                  As expected they had people selling tickets for the 3/25 show on craigslist already.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOqt...layer_embedded

Comment

So the 2 Oahu shows are sold out, what about Maui and Big Island?

Aj

Comment

Re: Journey ---adds a 3rd show at the Blaisdell!

Saturday March 28th! better get yo tickets!!!

Comment

Re: Journey ---adds a 3rd show at the Blaisdell!

Saturday March 28th! better get yo tickets!!!
                          Last chance! I wonder if it'll sell out too? I cant wait...going on the 26th show!

Comment

Knock yourselves out at Journey...

I think I'll go see the great Diana Krall instead for $20.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
                              Journey with Arnel...and he is GOOD....
                              Does he do the walking in place dance move?

Comment

As a diehard Arnel Pineda fan I was really happy to hear what an exceptionally nice guy he is...a really, really good guy! A friend of mine, involved with the Journey concert on Oahu, has spent the last few days with him. She just told me that Pineda sends part of his Journey earnings back to the Phillippines to a charitable organization he set up for street children. He'll be returning to Oahu later this year for a solo concert to further benefit his charity. Very cool.

Another fact I wasn't aware of...Pineda's married and has a 3 year old child.

Rock on, Arnel. I'm so happy for your success.

Comment

Working...
                                X