Bob Sevey - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bob Sevey - RIP

Yadao is working on contract for various projects for the mayor's office...never worked for a congressional office.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      Yadao is working on contract for various projects for the mayor's office...never worked for a congressional office.
      I think they were perhaps confusing her time as a spokesperson for what was it Sen. Akaka in recent memory?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        I thought Pinto replaced Beil when he went to the mainland in 1989.
        Matt replaced Larry as KGMB's sports director/anchor. But Matt started at KGMB several years before that.

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        Levi's been spotted in commercials of late, think I posted a commercial link awhile back somewhere.
        If we're going to consider commercial spokespeople as being "active," then throw in HECO's Jade Moon. She was on KGMB's staff as an intern while Sevey was still the anchor.
        Last edited by Frankie's Market; February 22, 2009, 12:50 PM.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          If we're going to just name anybody who worked as a colleague with Sevey at KGMB, a couple of other notables who hasn't been mentioned so far would be Larry Beil and Matt Pinto.
          Does Matt Pinto still do the play by play for a NBA team?

Comment

hi this is sansei and i do remember watching Mr sevey from the time we moved here from the big island of hawaii and we moved here in 68 and since that time,our family watched Mr Sevey since then till when he left kgmb on his last broadcast and then that's when im not sure only i believe Mr Jone's took his position with mrs moon and i do remember GS and Py From kitv worked there and they had LW who's now GM of Public Broadcasting station and i remember her working there at that time and many other's who some are out of The Tv spotlight so i thought to share my Thought's of When Mr Sevey was there and

my condolence's to Mr Sevey's family and he was a kind gentleman.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Yadao may have done some "spokespersoning" for Akaka's CAMPAIGN, but has never been a Congressional staffer. Maybe someone thinking of Donalyn Dela Cruz, who WAS an Akaka staffer?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Does Matt Pinto still do the play by play for a NBA team?
                Yes. Matt has been with the Sonics for the past few years and this year made the move with the team to Oklahoma City. I think he also recently got married as well.

Aj

Comment

Yadao may have done some "spokespersoning" for Akaka's CAMPAIGN, but has never been a Congressional staffer. Maybe someone thinking of Donalyn Dela Cruz, who WAS an Akaka staffer?
                  I agree. Someone else said she thought she was a congressional staffer, not me.

There was a cartoon drawing in the paper of Yadao and Akaka around the time Dan was running against Ed Case, not sure which paper it ran in.

Aj

Comment

My apologies, I mistakened Elisa's role in Akaka's campaign and not Senatorial.

My bad!

Comment

Wow, I used to watch Mr. Sevey along with Joe Moore, Tim Tindal and Bob Jones! May he RIP!

Lovena
                      Lovena

Comment

Question, I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this, but in the obituary the Advertiser ran on Sevey's passing they have photos. One of the photos, seen in the link here: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...902210351/1352 in it is Jones, Sevey, Tindall, and Moore taken in 1983...wasn't Moore already at KHON and Tindall at KITV? I swear that I thought I saw a news reel very briefly covering Hurricane Iwa that Moore was doing KHON and Tindall was doing KITV.

Comment

Moore went to KHON I believe in 1978.

Comment

Moore went to KHON I believe in 1978.
                            Correct. Started in June 1978 as I recall.

Aj

Comment

I too grew up with Bob Sevey as Channel 9's Newscaster. I met him on several occasions and had my lucky chance to work with him. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that, although I knew he had been hit with cancer and chose to ultimately stop treatment... it hit me like a proverbial "ton of bricks" when I heard about his passing.

Take care Bob... we'll miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                                The opening theme song when Sevey was anchor still jingles in my head......
                                I assume KGMB has abandoned that long ago...
                                Actually, KGMB still uses the 22 second "One of the Good Things About Hawaii" jingle... but not before their nightly newscasts. They use it at the end of their morning show called "Sunrise" (an homage to KGMB's first morning variety show with Kini Popo). They also use a shortened "Good Things" instrumental at the end of their newscasts that was performed and recorded by Audy Kimura back in 1996.

Comment

Working...
                                X