Would you post to HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you post to HT?

GeckoGeek brought up an interesting question in another thread, "Question: How many people regularly post to HT?" "In other words, how many people would you expect to see on HT if it is/was a major issue?"

This tread is to see how many people who read HawaiiThreads are willing to POST AN ANSWER to something that interests them. Just for the fun of it, let's see how many people respond to this poll: Would you post to HT if it was a topic you wanted to add to? [It is the number of current/regular or potential posters I'm wondering about here.]

This is a "just for the heck of it" poll.
    I post often or fairly regularily
    47.37%
    I don't post often, but would if had something to add to the conversation
    52.63%
    Last edited by Amati; February 23, 2009, 01:53 PM.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Would you post to HT?

Per the members list, 127 people have posted 100 times or more. I don't know if that's good, bad or indifferent as far as online forums go! I just know that I'm not trying to set any records altho' it appears that I am!

It might've been interesting to add a 3rd choice...
    I am a lurker only and will never post!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      It might've been interesting to add a 3rd choice...
      I am a lurker only and will never post!
      I thought about that third option, but then thought about how if someone does not post, they'd not be posting to say so. Because they do not post.

Trying to do a poll is challenging for me .... it always seems that I make some mistake in the process (forget to request a poll, or leave off options, or in this case I somehow made the responses of "who answered" not show up). I need more practice.

Comment

I actually went back and forth on this. I guess I would consider myself an occasional poster, but I also have 500+ posts. Sometimes I post more than other times, depending on what's happening in the real (?) world. I do enjoy watching the dynamics between the different posters. Some take posting very seriously and others seem to prefer light conversation. Personally, I avoid bringing up my favorite hot-button issues, though I have been tempted to start a thread or two. But mostly I try to stick to the lighter threads - unless someone violates the laws of physics .

Comment

I'm starting to think that in this poll/thread, I did not express very well what I intended. I was just trying to get a feel for how many current users of HT would post if there was an issue they really cared about.

TutuSue found that "127 people have posted 100 times or more". Only I'm thinking that some of those poster are no longer with HT. Wonder if there is a way to see who has posted more than 100 times, and when their last visit or posting was. But, I digress.

Comment

Amati, I can't find an easy/fast way to determine 100+ posters' last visits. It looks like it needs to be done one poster at a time. And, yes, good point...not all plethoric posters are current posters just like some current posters with lower numbers are new.

Comment

I used to post a lot. These days I am busier so I don't post as much but I'm still here.

Comment

You need a poll choice: No.
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i thought to respond is at time's i dont post as often even though when i first joined,i have posted a number of time's and have many post on which i replied or posted and since i somewhat see what's nice to respond to,i in a way lurk only when i find something to respond to,i do and im happy to contribute to this great board.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                    Some take posting very seriously and others seem to prefer light conversation.
                    It's just like talk radio with the regular callers and the type of callers depends on the personality of the moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                      You need a poll choice: No.
                      See post #3. If people won't post, then they'd not be responding with a post to say "no".
                      Well, that was what passed through my mind when I made the poll. But, what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                        unless someone violates the laws of physics .
                        Only ninjas are allowed to violate...and date physics.
                        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                        "
                        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I'll post if I have something to add to the thread.

In some cases, it might be a "second" or a "third" to show there's more then one person who experienced that or believes that way. But much beyond that, I just lurk and let others who are more eloquent or more knowledgeable speak.

To be the 17th person to say "me too" or "I agree" seems pointless. Naturally I project that onto other HTers, which is what triggered my comment in that thread.

Comment

I tend to not post unless I have something significant to add to the conversation. I'm that way on all of the message boards I frequent, only I usually forget, and I'm generally surprised at my low post count and/or the fact that other people aren't as familiar with me as I am with them.
                            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

I find it difficult to NOT post.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X