Kona Blogger Gets Blackballed By Hawaii County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kona Blogger Gets Blackballed By Hawaii County

The Hawaii County DPW apparently placed a gag order on communicating with me and two other bloggers late last year .It has been allegedly rescinded. However I doubt it because I've had a difficult time talking to anyone in DPW and the county council after this directive was released.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Kona Blogger Gets Blackballed By Hawaii County

I saw that story today, Aaron. That's really ridiculous behavior on their part. (And one of the other bloggers is ex-HT'er Manoasurfer.)

Comment

Careful Leo, the mention of THAT name invokes the possiblilty of permanent ban from the powers that be here at HT.

Never, ever, ever do that again.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

As you will know I am a Haloe, a white English man who has worked on the Hawai'i islands. Sure, I fell in love with Kona coffee and my friends who I played guitar and sang with across those puddles still send me packets of coffee.
        Nobody could be greater than a sweet Hawiian.

Just NUKE those people who try to destroy these lovely threads which You have built up through love and work. Let's face it ! who wants adverts put into interesting threads ?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          As you will know I am a Haloe, a white English man who has worked on the Hawai'i islands. Sure, I fell in love with Kona coffee and my friends who I played guitar and sang with across those puddles still send me packets of coffee.

Just NUKE those people who try to destroy these lovely threads which You have built up through love and work. Let's face it ! who wants adverts put into interesting threads ?

Errrmmmmm.....interesting but...

HUH???

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post

HUH???
            Very descriptive and informative ???? HUH to yourself.

Comment

The gag order has to be the silliest thing to do if a department wants to avoid being put under the microscope.

Saying 'don't talk to the media' is like becoming a soft pink bunny and offering yourself up to a meeting of the vivisectionists society. Eventually said vivisectionists will be rooting around in your entrails trying to find out what you're hiding.

Then again, pink bunnies have never been known as being terribly smart.

Comment

Very descriptive and informative ???? HUH to yourself.

No seriously, what are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                  No seriously, what are you on about?

Originally Posted by Peshkwe

HUH???

Explain !

Comment

As you will know I am a Haloe, a white English man who has worked on the Hawai'i islands.
                    You worked with The Hawaii County DPW?

Sure, I fell in love with Kona coffee and my friends who I played guitar and sang with across those puddles still send me packets of coffee.
                    They worked for The Hawaii County DPW?

How many Hawaiians have you tasted and did they work for The Hawaii County DPW? Did the taste of the non-Hawaiians who worked for The Hawaii County DPW make you gag? Good reason for a gag order if they did...public safety and all.

Wachoo talkin 'bout Willis?

Comment

Barry, I have to agree with Peshkwe. Are you responding to another thread, perhaps? The one involving the Kona coffee spam? If so, the Kona Blogger is Aaron, not Hawaiimama, the (hopefully former) spammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        That's really ridiculous behavior on their part. (And one of the other bloggers is ex-HT'er Manoasurfer.)
                        Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        Careful Leo, the mention of THAT name invokes the possiblilty of permanent ban from the powers that be here at HT.

Never, ever, ever do that again.
                        Can we dispense with the melodramatic sarcasm, tim? Both you and I are buddies with mānoa, but at least I understand and accept the reasons he was banned. I share your desire for the ban to eventually be lifted. But your continued harping on this issue makes a mockery of our admin and the clear and concise rules he has laid out for this forum, which IMHO, are essential to maintaining civil and respectful discourse amongst the HT ‘ohana. This is not a blog. This is a public forum. Realize the bar for accountability is significantly elevated in the latter.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Barry, I have to agree with Peshkwe. Are you responding to another thread, perhaps? The one involving the Kona coffee spam? If so, the Kona Blogger is Aaron, not Hawaiimama, the (hopefully former) spammer.
                          Ahhh....enlightenment!

I had to do a search but now I know what Barry was off and running about.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Mamasaid be the spammer, not HawaiiMama. Admin moved all her "konaluna" posts to one thread and locked it --- but she's recently been at it again, in the "what's for lunch" thread.

And I wonder if Barry's computer has some sort of hiccup to it - as there have been numerous occasions where something he posts in a thread is related to a different thread?

Comment

Mea culpa, LL. Many mahaloz for the correction.

Comment

Working...
                              X