Loss of a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loss of a friend

Matapule, cyberhugs to you. I echo the sentiments of the HT gang; a terrible, painful loss for you and the ohanas. God bless--prayers going up for y'all.

Comment

Matapule, I obviously agree with all the sentiments posted here so far. Knowing your background and experience, I can only say that in similar situations I have found my best solace to be time spent in quiet contemplation and reflection out on mother ocean.
      My best wishes to you and yours...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
        FWIW, despite all the "suicide awareness & prevention" training in the world, it's also common for there to be no warning signs or anything else that would've helped anyone help them.
        This is very important. Do NOT blame yourself for "not seeing the signs." Some people are very good at covering their pain, thus leaving NO signs to be noticed. You being his/her friend was probably one of the good things in your friend's life. Again, sorry for your loss.

gchun

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, matapule.

Years ago, my Teacher's Assistant in university committed suicide. He was a wonderful person, and the very best TA I ever had. Although we weren't close, every time I think about him, I wish that there was something I could have done to help him.

Your post made me remember this great person, so I thank you.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, matapule.

Years ago, my Teacher's Assistant in university committed suicide. He was a wonderful person, and the very best TA I ever had. Although we weren't very close, every time I think about him, I wish that there was something I could have done to help him.

Your post made me remember this great person, so I thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X