Orange Chicken Stir Fried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Chicken Stir Fried

This takes about 30 mins to prepare and about 10 mins to cook.
    This will serve 4 - 6 people. I usually do a lot of steamed bismati rice to go with it.

I have put this in the Kaukau Korner but becuause we have this for lunch, or dinner and often the leftovers for breakfast I have made a special thread.

Ingredients:

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
    • Marinade:
    • 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
    • 1 tablespoon cornflour
    • Sauce:
    • 1/3 cup orange juice
    • 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
    • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
    • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
    • 1/4 teaspoon chile paste
    • 1 clove garlic, chopped very fine
    • 1 slice ginger, choped fine
    • Oil for stir-frying, as needed

Preparation:

Place the cubed chicken in a bowl, and add the marinade ingredients. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes. (I often let it marinate in the fridge overnight.)

While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce ingredients and the garlic and ginger.

Heat the wok and add oil. (I prefer olive oil) When the oil is ready, add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.

Add the chicken and stir-fry until it changes color. Push up to the sides of the wok, making a well in the middle. Add the sauce.

Combine the sauce and the chicken. Stir-fry for another minute and serve hot.

Add a huge bowl of steamed rice and Chinese black leaf tea.

Sorry ! no afters with this recipe.
    Last edited by Barry; March 4, 2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: I missed something out

Re: Orange Chicken Stir Fried

When I tried to post this it said "Please click on one of the quick reply icons !" I've got segs on my eyeballs looking for them .

Comment

Ummmmm.... I am going to try this recipe soon. It sounds very delicious and easy to do... Basmati rice sounds great, as a go-with. Maybe a side of broccoli to round it out?

What is cornflour? Is that like cornstarch or cornmeal? Sorry, I'm a Yank.

Is there an easy way to print out the posts, or do I just need to do a cut and paste into a WP program? Sorry, am still getting used to all the Forum ways, and still a newbie.

Thanks, Barry!
      snowbird

Comment

Snowbird...to print it, click on the post # in the upper right corner of each post. That'll put that post in it's own window. That said, I usually copy and paste into a Word doc!

Comment

Thanks Barry! I love Orange Chicken! (the fake meat vegetarian style) I'm so looking forward to making this! (as soon as I go to the grocery store for more fake chik'n)
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Snowbird...to print it, click on the post # in the upper right corner of each post. That'll put that post in it's own window. That said, I usually copy and paste into a Word doc!

Thanks, TutuSue... seems simple enough now! I'll do that. Doesn't sound as scary as I thought it might. I use Word too.

yummy yum, so hungry.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I am typing this with one finger while curled up in a ball and moaning, because today I made Barry's Orange Chicken Stir Fry....

....and it was so good that I ate ALL of it!! I feel like such a piggy, but its sooooooo goooood!! Mmmmm! With veggies mixed in on a bed of ramen noodles. I am going to pop!! I went for seconds, then 3rds, then I picked out the rest from the pot with a fork. I'm so overstuffed! Ack!! I need a nap!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Poor baby. I recommend Gaviscon!

Comment

Did you really eat all that ??? Gaviscon or Rennies might help.

I love the orange chicken but the recipe was for 4 people.

Comment

Working...
                  X