X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Crossing

Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8poD1mi6c
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

Re: RR Crossing

Very cool! We now have rail and look at all the taxpayers money we saved!!!

Comment

looking at the clip made me think of waiting at the crosswalk as CALTRAIN putters across here where I am at.

Ummmmm I dunno if Hawaii Residents caught waiting in their cars are going to be fond of just waiting to cross over. But figure something similar to that clip has been on the islands eons and eons ago but phased out long long ago. And is this somekind of service for COSTCO that I see in the backround? :curious:

Comment

The railroad is the Hawaiian Railway Society and has been operating on the old OR&L Railway tracks since the late 80s. It used to operate in the cane fields. But since they started growing houses and stores out there they are operating in a more and more congested area.

This crossing is on a new road that connects the Kapolei area to Roosevelt Road on the old Barbers Point Naval Air Station. Yes the store in the background is the new Costco, but this was not installed just for them.

Hopefully there will be more crossing gates installed.
        "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
        Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
          The railroad is the Hawaiian Railway Society and has been operating on the old OR&L Railway tracks since the late 80s. It used to operate in the cane fields. But since they started growing houses and stores out there they are operating in a more and more congested area.

Was unaware of that... The only places of Kapolei that I trekked to was SAFEWAY, The Multiplex & ZIPPYS while I was still on the islands.

Comment

Working...
          X