Road Runner Speed Increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Runner Speed Increase?

I know someone in Puna who has 5 Mbps standard Road Runner service. He recently did some speed tests which showed a significant increase in speeds (to 7-10Mbps). I’m still waiting for someone else I know with Road Runner to corroborate this.As that person I know in Puna used to have Road Runner Turbo service (8Mbps). He had gotten downgraded to standard Road Runner service a few months ago when he did a an unrelated change to his account (Oceanic had suspended offering Road Runner Turbo to the neighbor islands due to lack of bandwidth).
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Road Runner Speed Increase?

I figured out why the speeds are so high.Road Runner is using power boost which skews your speed test results
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

I am getting faster speed results lately too. I have heard of improvements but they haven't personally notified me of any speed increases to my account. It does seem faster at times though.
      kiddori

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
        I know someone in Puna who has 5 Mbps standard Road Runner service. He recently did some speed tests which showed a significant increase in speeds (to 7-10Mbps). I’m still waiting for someone else I know with Road Runner to corroborate this.As that person I know in Puna used to have Road Runner Turbo service (8Mbps). He had gotten downgraded to standard Road Runner service a few months ago when he did a an unrelated change to his account (Oceanic had suspended offering Road Runner Turbo to the neighbor islands due to lack of bandwidth).
        I've not noticed a speed increase, but a connection decrease, which may be due to my old computer...
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Roadrunner is blazing tonight. I know speed tests are deceiving but tonight I'm getting 17Mbps compared to 9Mbps last week.
          kiddori

Comment

I paid the extra $10 a month for road runner turbo and it made a HUGE DIFFERENCE on my xbox live gaming. Didn't see much of a difference tho on desktop web surfing though, but for the extra speed boost on xbox live, for me it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X